• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe weather Feb 10-13th

Clancy

Reaction score
00Z NAM with a rain shield that could disrupt destabilization on Monday afternoon. Nevertheless, an at least limited threat would persist for all hazards even with the rain.
refcmp.us_se.png

MichelleH

Reaction score
Snipped from this morning's AFD from BMX regarding Sunday night:

However, several periods of rain/thunderstorms are expected across much of the warm sector, which could limit destabilization and/or cut us off. With that said, it wouldn`t take much destabilization to support a few severe storms and potential tornadoes overnight Sunday into Monday morning given the upper level support and overall forcing.

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
12z HRRR goes hard for central Mississippi and central Alabama. Very impressive.

Seems to be a substantial boundary maybe that enhances shear along or near it. This maybe a two day event for Alabama Sunday afternoon and possibly Monday morning. Will see. Not sure if it's distinctly a tornado threat or what, would love to see soundings on long range hrrr but it's not letting me.

Clancy

Reaction score
12z HRRR goes hard for central Mississippi and central Alabama. Very impressive.

Seems to be a substantial boundary maybe that enhances shear along or near it. This maybe a two day event for Alabama Sunday afternoon and possibly Monday morning. Will see. Not sure if it's distinctly a tornado threat or what, would love to see soundings on long range hrrr but it's not letting me.
Looks like a hard boundary of moisture and instability. Really focuses the activity on that line.

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
Looks like a hard boundary of moisture and instability. Really focuses the activity on that line.
Definitely, those can definitely perform. Sheesh there's gunna be unhappy Superbowl watchers in Alabama and Mississippi now lol.

This run changes the game it's been hinting at this for awhile now it seems but, that boundary will back winds a decent bit I assume along that line increasing a localized threat along the i20 corridor possibly. didn't expect to start my morning with this run lol

* Of course this is just one run of the HRRR out of many models so I'll hold my horses on expectations lol

Clancy

Reaction score
Definitely, those can definitely perform. Sheesh there's gunna be unhappy Superbowl watchers in Alabama and Mississippi now lol.

This run changes the game it's been hinting at this for awhile now it seems but, that boundary will back winds a decent bit I assume along that line increasing a localized threat along the i20 corridor possibly. didn't expect to start my morning with this run lol

* Of course this is just one run of the HRRR out of many models so I'll hold my horses on expectations lol
Also looks like it may be only the first of a few rounds of storms, though how the others might play out is unclear from the 12Z run.