• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe Weather 2024

Reaction score
It seems that low will occlude and break off over the Southwestern states like the GFS and Euro are depicting on the 500mb.....it has consistently been depicted run to run.
I still have a lot of uncertainty of how it will interact with that subtropical jet and eject.

Somebody with meteorology knowledge help me understand.

Clancy

Reaction score
Modelling has trended wind fields away from a more robust tornado threat, although there would nevertheless be a risk for damaging winds and hail in this scenario (sounding SE of BMX).
gfs_2024031106_111_32.75--86.25.png

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
All this rain will also make damaging winds more dangerous by way of trees.
Good to know we’re not the only ones who have been getting dumped on. This was along the channel in DC on Sunday (that railing is not supposed to be in the water). Last thing we need is another big rain event.

Attachments

• IMG_5559.jpeg
    IMG_5559.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0

Clancy

Reaction score
Good to know we’re not the only ones who have been getting dumped on. This was along the channel in DC on Sunday (that railing is not supposed to be in the water). Last thing we need is another big rain event.
Well at least those geese seem to be enjoying the bountiful rains.

Reaction score
NAM came in rather hot for the Midwest on Thursday...

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

18Z held serve and even upped the ante a little bit with the surface thermos, although I think the 12Z looked slightly better at 500mb. Not really sold on this solution yet but certainly something to keep an eye on.

NWS Quad Cities not really sold, don't even mention the NAM solutions in their afternoon AFD. Just hail potential Wednesday night and mainly a rainfall event for Thursday.

Last edited:

Mrgolfman7070

Reaction score
I read on Twitter about the Nam and gfs slowing the system and more amplified with recent runs. Dry air punching in as well with mid level jet and low level jet increasing. Would that increase the tornado threat?

Reaction score
I read on Twitter about the Nam and gfs slowing the system and more amplified with recent runs. Dry air punching in as well with mid level jet and low level jet increasing. Would that increase the tornado threat?
Yes that would especially the NAM solutions I mentioned above. Still need to see a few more runs consistent with that idea before sounding the alarm.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Logo 468x120
Back