• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Archive 2017-2019 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evan

Reaction score
McMaster's statement doesn't cover the info that was alleged to have been shared.

It was obvious to anyone with any experience in communications, politics, or that simply thought about his specific words for more than 3 seconds that he was absolutely NOT refuting that Trump shared info. He was simply trying to deflect to buy time.

Doesn't matter anymore. Trump has admitted that he did it.

Matt

Reaction score
I don't think there is anything regarding intel that the Russians and many other foreign actors don't already know. Hillary Clinton and Huma Abedin and Anthony Weiner told them.

KoD

Staff member
Sustaining Member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think there is anything regarding intel that the Russians and many other foreign actors don't already know. Hillary Clinton and Huma Abedin and Anthony Weiner told them.
Lol WHAT?

Matt

Reaction score
Lol WHAT?

Hillary's emails were compromised. Russia and every bad actor in the world has her emails. All of them. How did her emails wind up on The Weiner Man's laptop ? She was so lax in regards to security if it were any one else they would be rotting in prison. For the rest of their life! And now dems are concerned about leaks of sensitive intel. Give me a break. Most everything the WaPO, NTY, LAT,CNN, MSNBC, etc is total B.S. They have been caught in too many lies for too long. I don't believe a word they say unless I know it to be true.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Hillary's emails were compromised. Russia and every bad actor in the world has her emails. All of them. How did her emails wind up on The Weiner Man's laptop ? She was so lax in regards to security if it were any one else they would be rotting in prison. For the rest of their life! And now dems are concerned about leaks of sensitive intel. Give me a break. Most everything the WaPO, NTY, LAT,CNN, MSNBC, etc is total B.S. They have been caught in too many lies for too long. I don't believe a word they say unless I know it to be true.
You've fallen into the ALT-Right abyss.

Matt

Reaction score
You've fallen into the ALT-Right abyss.

I did not fall. But, it is true. Those media outlets are now an official party of the DNC. Joy Reid now has a segment where she introduces dem candidates for Congress in the 2018 mid terms. Just dems. They peddle in lies and misinformation and will stop short of nothing to harm Trump.

KoD

Staff member
Sustaining Member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Lol first link I see on Reddit:

liksl1sbavxy.jpg

gangstonc

Reaction score
I did not fall. But, it is true. Those media outlets are now an official party of the DNC. Joy Reid now has a segment where she introduces dem candidates for Congress in the 2018 mid terms. Just dems. They peddle in lies and misinformation and will stop short of nothing to harm Trump.
How many lies are you going to tolerate from trump before you stop believing him?

gangstonc

Reaction score
Are you suggesting I take the word of the NYT or WAPO over Gen. McMaster ? Is this really what you are asking ?

No sir. See my earlier post about the general's statement. Trump himself tweeted this morning that he shared the info.

Last edited:

Evan

Reaction score
He also said there was nothing in the info that should not have been released.

No, that's not what McMaster said at all. He repeatedly pointed out that the President has the authority to share it and said it was wholly appropriate for him to do so. He never said he should have shared it or there was nothing in it that shouldn't be released.

McMaster, both yesterday and today, was very carefully parsing his words. Since the President is the ultimate authority on classified information, it is always "appropriate" for him to share info. Meaning there's nothing illegal or untoward about it.

From a logical standpoint and whether or not he SHOULD have released it is the story.

From the get go the spin was that the story was fake news. It wasn't. McMaster also did NOT deny, or in any way dispute, that the CIA and NSA were immediately informed or that officials had serious concerns that the information was shared.

Israel, who is potentially the source of the info (although they may be covering for Jordan or Jordan was the initial source) is pretty outraged. Why would they be outraged if this is a non-issue? Why are they literally so pissed that some Israeli politicians are implying that Trump should just cancel his visit? The Western Wall issue is one reason, but the Intel leaking to the Russians is another.

Russia's chief geopolitical ally in the Middle East is the mortal enemy of Israel. You think Russia didn't share the info with them?

If this was US developed Intel it still would have been a stupid thing to leak, but when you leak information from one of your top 3 allies -- something so sensitive you were asked not to share it with your OTHER allies, tell me how that was the right thing to do? It simply wasn't Trump's Intel to share, and it seriously damaged relationships with allies and made Trump look like even more of a buffoon.

Again, it would be wholly appropriate for Trump to wear a clown suit to meet heads of state -- he is the President and can wear what he wants -- but it doesn't mean he SHOULD do it.

If this Intel wasn't critically sensitive then why was it scrubbed from the main transcript of the meeting? It was OK to share it with two absolutely evil stooges from Russia, but not with the people that normally handle transcripts of meetings that almost always contain classified information? Here's a hint: because even THOSE people with extremely high TS/SCI clearances did NOT have the particular SCI (codeword) clearance for this piece of Intel.

I can't believe you are defending this. It has nothing to do with Hillary, Obama, the media, or anyone else. You said you'd hold Trump accountable when he makes a mistake. When?

I gave him credit for the Syria strike and the appointment of Gorsuch, but you seem to refuse to see any reason to criticize Trump. His own Party that has carried a lot of water for him is sick and tired of his self-inflicted controversies and scandals.

At some point and time Trump and his defenders have to stop blaming his staff and the media. The one common variable since Trump announced has been Trump himself.

You were an officer in the military, and you were around many fine leaders I'm sure. As a leader yourself, I'm sure you are familiar with some of the key traits and necessities that any leader must have and display. One such trait or necessity is being a person that takes ownership and owns their mistakes by taking responsibility. Have you seen ANY sign that Trump is capable of doing so?

Report after report has shown that morale in the WH is horrible. Staff feel like they are babysitting. There is zero leadership. That's not on Priebus, the DNC, or the media. The buck stops with Donald J. Trump.

Evan

Reaction score
I was coming back to post an article from the Hill that shows Israeli Intelligence being pissed off beyond belief:

https://t.co/SFDSdLuRj3

But then I saw the NYTimes article about Comey's memo drop. There's zero way for the GOP to ignore that. Comey documented his interactions with Trump on paper. He had no way of knowing he was going to be fired. Sounds like not only did he document on paper that Trump asked him to whitewash the Flynn investigation, but he also told Senior FBI officials about it and showed them the memo.

Who are you going to believe? Jim Comey who wrote down his conversation immediately after leaving the White House or Donald Trump? Which one of them has lied dozens of times in the past year? I've resisted going this far, but hard to see how this isn't impeachment level. The man is not just incompetent, but he's also using the power of the Oval Office to try to make an investigation into his NSA "go away." There is zero daylight between that and what Richard Nixon did. It is absolutely an impeachable offense. There's no defense. Trump has to go. I don't even know if he can make it six months now. If not very soon, by 2018 the Democrats will have enough seats or seats+enraged GOP Congressmen to impeach. This is no laughing matter or an exaggeration. This is exactly what so many people feared.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/us/politics/james-comey-trump-flynn-russia-investigation.html

gangstonc

Reaction score
I don't see a way that trump survives the comey notes.

His only positive is that today's obstruction of justice claims overshadow yesterday's leaking of classified info.

Last edited:

KoD

Staff member
Sustaining Member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
I surely hope this does lead to impeachment, Trump has been exactly what most everyone expected. The kool-aid drinkers may have a hard time admitting this is substantial, so expect to see a lot of deflection and denial now...

Matt

Reaction score
If the effort to get rid of Trump is successful, I hope you never Trumpers are prepared for the consequences. Our Constitutional Republic is barely hanging on. The 4th branch of government (the IC) is in total control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Logo 468x120
Back