• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!
Logo 468x120

Archive 2017-2019 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Nope. And he should rescind his recusal.
How did he not violate it? Sessions recused himself of all things russia, then told Trump to fire Comey in the middle of Comey's Trump/Russia investigation.

Edit: What!? Why on earth should he rescind his recusal?

Last edited:

Kory

Reaction score
It's too early to know what intelligence/evidence has been gathered. But there must be something. And Trump's behavior is well beyond fishy. You embrace him at the outset of your presidency and then suddenly fire him a couple of days before he's supposed to testify, AND you claim it's because of the Clinton case which is entirely old news. You just can't make this stuff up. Defies any rational explain away.

Sent from my Pixel using TalkWeather mobile app
I don't think Trump ever embraced Comey, but more so tolerated him. If the Clinton email investigation bungle was the true reason, Trump should've ousted him the first day (which I would've 100% supported). I, as well as others, think that reason is personally BS. But, do you think that maybe Trump is tired of this dragging on? I don't think the firing is 100% out of left field given Clapper's testimony at a Congressional committee on the Russian collusion. If Trump is tired of this dragging on and there is no collusion, then I can understand the frustration. If there is collusion, then I don't think ousting this incompetent puppet will make all the evidence, if there is any, disappear.

Here is what the former Intelligence Agency leader under Obama had to say. Doesn't fully absolve Trump from scandal, but sure makes you stop and think...
CLAPPER: In our intelligence community assessment, we made the point that we could not make that call. The intelligence community has neither the authority, the expertise or the resources to make that judgment. The only thing we said was we saw no evidence of influencing voter tallies at any of the 50 states. But we were not in a position to judge whether -- what actual outcome on the election.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...per-testify-on-russian-election-interference/

Reaction score
Smoke Rise, AL (25 mi. N of downtown Birmingham)
Comey had to correct testimony he gave under oath to a Congressional committee just last week. He totally botched Clinton's email investigation. I think he enjoyed being part of the story. That is not how the director of the FBI should operate. Time for him to go.

It's a bunch of Bee Ess. Trump and crew are running scared and trying to cover up RussiaGate. Just last week Trump Tweeted that Comey was the best thing that ever happened to Hillary as if he was too soft on her. Now they're changing the narrative. They fired Comey to try to suppress the investigation and put out this ridiculous explanation that he was let go because of being a meanie to Hillary... as if the Dems and others who haven't been drinking the Trump KoolAid are going to fall for that.

At any rate, one can only hope the truth will eventually prevail. Thank God foreign intelligence agencies are supposed to have a lot of the dirt. Hard to imagine Trump being able to suppress them.

Matt

Reaction score
How did he not violate it? Sessions recused himself of all things russia, then told Trump to fire Comey in the middle of Comey's Trump/Russia investigation.

Edit: What!? Why on earth should he rescind his recusal?

Because it was not necessary to recuse himself in the first place. Do you honestly think Eric Holder would have done so ? No way. Trump won. Start acting like it for God's sake.

Matt

Reaction score
It's a bunch of Bee Ess. Trump and crew are running scared and trying to cover up RussiaGate. Just last week Trump Tweeted that Comey was the best thing that ever happened to Hillary as if he was too soft on her. Now they're changing the narrative. They fired Comey to try to suppress the investigation and put out this ridiculous explanation that he was let go because of being a meanie to Hillary... as if the Dems and others who haven't been drinking the Trump KoolAid are going to fall for that.

At any rate, one can only hope the truth will eventually prevail. Thank God foreign intelligence agencies are supposed to have a lot of the dirt. Hard to imagine Trump being able to suppress them.

Would you explain why Putin would want Trump as president and not Hillary ? He already has all her emails and could have used those as leverage to get what ever he wants. He already has abused her and manipulated her while she was SOS. She was then and would be if elected president Putin's Bitch! She is an unaccomplished hag and wanted to be president just because she wanted to be president. No other reason. Putin would have owned her.

Jacob

Reaction score

It is also possible that Trump fired Comey because he was piss-poor at his job, and this has nothing to do with Russia. I won't pretend to know the probabilities on either actually being the truth, but so far all "Russia" has been is a witch hunt from the left.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Because it was not necessary to recuse himself in the first place. Do you honestly think Eric Holder would have done so ? No way. Trump won. Start acting like it for God's sake.
No. If you recuse yourself, you abide by it. You're stretching hard.

I don't care what holder would have done. It has absolutely zero bearing on this case.

Again, this "well so and so did this wrong thing (or would have done this wrong thing, maybe) so I can too." Is one of the huge problems thecountry is facing.

Do what is right and do it consistently.

gangstonc

Reaction score
It is also possible that Trump fired Comey because he was piss-poor at his job, and this has nothing to do with Russia. I won't pretend to know the probabilities on either actually being the truth, but so far all "Russia" has been is a witch hunt from the left.
Did sessions have his own communications with Russian ambassadors? We know there are ties to russia, we just don't know the significance. It will take a lot of time to sort this out.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Matt, can you honestly tell me that if Obama had fired the man leading the investigation of him, that you would not have called for impeachment?

Matt

Reaction score
Matt, can you honestly tell me that if Obama had fired the man leading the investigation of him, that you would not have called for impeachment?

I don't agree with your premise. How do you know that trump is under investigation ? That has not been stated by anyone. Comey was a walking, talking disaster. He needed to be gone. Period.

Kory

Reaction score
DOJ should've just went ahead and appointed a special investigator for this Russian collusion investigation. If there is no connection as Trump claims, it would be no issue and they would absolve him from the claims. If there is a connection, they can get to the bottom of it.

What I have a problem with is the FBI acting as its own shadow government, poised to take down people they don't like. Independent agencies who have access to highly confidential info shouldn't be leaking information trying to take down a democratically elected president as they have done before he even assumed office. It is no secret Trump didn't like the intelligence community and vice versa. But this continued BS will only cripple both the presidency and the trust of the FBI in the future. After all, isn't it the sole purpose of our government to protect its citizens....I sure don't feel the FBI is doing that adequately.

Last edited:

gangstonc

Reaction score
I don't agree with your premise. How do you know that trump is under investigation ? That has not been stated by anyone. Comey was a walking, talking disaster. He needed to be gone. Period.
“I’ve been authorized by the Department of Justice to confirm that the FBI, as part of our counterintelligence mission, is investigating the Russian government's efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election,” Comey said in testimony before the House Intelligence Committee. “That includes investigating the nature of any links between individuals associated with the Trump campaign and the Russian government, and whether there was any coordination between the campaign and Russia’s efforts.”

Matt

Reaction score
“I’ve been authorized by the Department of Justice to confirm that the FBI, as part of our counterintelligence mission, is investigating the Russian government's efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election,” Comey said in testimony before the House Intelligence Committee. “That includes investigating the nature of any links between individuals associated with the Trump campaign and the Russian government, and whether there was any coordination between the campaign and Russia’s efforts.”

Trump is not the subject of the investigation. Russian meddling is. Geez, it's not that hard.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Trump is not the subject of the investigation. Russian meddling is. Geez, it's not that hard.
“That includes investigating the nature of any links between individuals associated with the Trump campaign and the Russian government, and whether there was any coordination between the campaign and Russia’s efforts.”

Do you think Trump is an individual who was associated with his campaign?

Matt

Reaction score
“That includes investigating the nature of any links between individuals associated with the Trump campaign and the Russian government, and whether there was any coordination between the campaign and Russia’s efforts.”

Do you think Trump is an individual who was associated with his campaign?

Answer this question I asked earlier.

Would you explain why Putin would want Trump as president and not Hillary ? He already has all her emails and could have used those as leverage to get what ever he wants. He already has abused her and manipulated her while she was SOS. She was then and would be if elected president Putin's Bitch! She is an unaccomplished hag and wanted to be president just because she wanted to be president. No other reason. Putin would have owned her.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Answer this question I asked earlier.

Would you explain why Putin would want Trump as president and not Hillary ? He already has all her emails and could have used those as leverage to get what ever he wants. He already has abused her and manipulated her while she was SOS. She was then and would be if elected president Putin's! She is an unaccomplished hag and wanted to be president just because she wanted to be president. No other reason. Putin would have owned her.

Because Trump and Putin can work together to make each other billions of dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back