• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Archive 2017-2019 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lori

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
#bowlinggreen
#neverforget
#waitwhat

PerryW

Honorary Meteorologist
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
It is the folks from "Rent A Mob" who are on George Soros' payroll. He(Soros) needs to be dealt with in my opinion.

Agree 100% Matt. If George Soros is financing and paying these anarchist thugs to infiltrate protests and commit assault, criminal damage to property, arson, attempted urder, and other felonies,......the US needs to arrest/ extradite/ freeze his assets (or take him out with a drone, sniper, etc).

Last edited:

PerryW

Honorary Meteorologist
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
It was sickening. Violent protesters who damage property or injure people are not undermining Trump. Instead, they are giving him legitimacy and impacting the lives of thousands of innocent people. What happened at Berkeley was truly nasty. You don't use violence to stop free speech. Ever.

Agree 100% percent Evan!

gangstonc

Reaction score
I find it interesting that Trump immediately tweeted about a muslim guy that killed nobody, but was silent about a non-muslim that killed six. Both were terror attacks, but only one fit his alternative facts. This guy is a joke.

Kory

Reaction score
I find it interesting that Trump immediately tweeted about a muslim guy that killed nobody, but was silent about a non-muslim that killed six. Both were terror attacks, but only one fit his alternative facts. This guy is a joke.
Yep. Such a joke!

“President Trump expressed his condolences to the Prime Minister and people of Canada following the tragic shooting at the Centre culturel islamique de Québec, located in Québec City, and offered to provide any assistance as needed,” said a statement from Trudeau’s office.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...7/01/30/donald-trump-justin-trudeau/97244998/

So, is your shtick to post things with no context or sources or what is the deal?

gangstonc

Reaction score
So you judge someone's integrity solely off their social media? Honest question....
It definitely plays into my opinion of how "presidential" somebody is. It doesn't necessarily speak to their integrity, but it does to their maturity - which I believe Trump lacks.

There are several, better examples than twitter that show trump lacks integrity.

Kory

Reaction score
It definitely plays into my opinion of how "presidential" somebody is. It doesn't necessarily speak to their integrity, but it does to their maturity - which I believe Trump lacks.

There are several, better examples than twitter that show trump lacks integrity.
Agreed to a point. I wish he'd leave twitter alone, but to portray him as if he's callous to terrorist attacks that don't fit his agenda seems EXTREMELY far fetched given his support of the Canadian government/people....per the statement released by Trudeau's office.

Do I think he uses some things to his advantage....yes. But who doesn't to further their political point?

gangstonc

Reaction score
Agreed to a point. I wish he'd leave twitter alone, but to portray him as if he's callous to terrorist attacks that don't fit his agenda seems EXTREMELY far fetched given his support of the Canadian government/people....per the statement released by Trudeau's office.

Do I think he uses some things to his advantage....yes. But who doesn't to further their political point?

The point wasn't that he is callous to the act, it's how he portrays the act to his base. It's how he magnified an act on twitter that was minor in comparison to another, that he didn't even mention.

Matt

Reaction score
So you judge someone's integrity/character solely off their social media? Honest question....

Still haven't gotten over the election have you ?

Evan

Reaction score
Yep. Such a joke!

“President Trump expressed his condolences to the Prime Minister and people of Canada following the tragic shooting at the Centre culturel islamique de Québec, located in Québec City, and offered to provide any assistance as needed,” said a statement from Trudeau’s office.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...7/01/30/donald-trump-justin-trudeau/97244998/

So, is your shtick to post things with no context or sources or what is the deal?

There's no proof that Trump knew it was a white guy when he made his call.

This article says Trump called him mid-morning:

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada...after-quebec-city-attack-and-chaos-in-us.html

Ottawa is an hour ahead of those of us on Central Time. The Quebec RCMP didn't announce Bissonnette was the sole suspect until 11:10am Central Time or 10 minutes after Noon Ottawa time. That was after Trump's phone call.

It is very possible that Trump still believed that a Muslim was one of the suspects. Trump gets his news from cable news channels... especially Fox News, and they were very late to the table to report the Muslim man was just a witness. Trump doesn't get a PDB or interact very much with his cabinet, Intel sources, or State. That has been widely reported throughout the transition and his Presidency thus far.

I find it more likely than not he still believed this was going to be a terror attack by Muslims.

Evan

Reaction score

What statement or comment has Trump made since it became public that the only shooter was white? Has he promised additional security for mosques or said anything else?

Cmon, Kory. We've all seen how he reacts when a terrorist is identified as Muslim. Multiple tweets. Talks about it in all his media interviews. Makes wild and fantastical proposals because of the attack, etc.

If you can give an example of Trump treating a domestic shooting or non-Muslim terror attack like how he has treated those with a Muslim suspect, then please go right ahead. But since he has announced his candidacy, he has clearly done exactly what gangstonc alleged.

Evan

Reaction score
So you judge someone's integrity/character solely off their social media? Honest question....

This is a strawman and disingenuous. Let's debate fairly. gangstonc's assertion was that Trump didn't use Twitter to make a statement about Quebec while he made a statement about a Muslim not accused of murdering someone. This is unquestionably true.

That was turned into a strawman that gangstonc SOLELY uses social media to judge someone's character and integrity. He never said anything of the sort. He pointed out a marked contradiction in Trump's behavior which is true, and no one else has addressed it.

Social media is an important tool in reviewing someone's character and integrity. Lots of people tend to be much more open and unfiltered on social media than they are in daily life 1-on-1. Hence why most companies, journalists reviewing a source, the government, & others review your social media history.

Trump's history on Twitter says a lot about his character. He has talked about underage girls he wants to see naked when they turn 18, obsessed over Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart from the Twilight movies (dozens of comments about the Twilight actors' relationship) , made lewd comments about Kate Middleton (now a member of the Royal Family), and chose the 9/11 anniversary as a special day to call out his "haters and losers."

In fact, Trump has so many character-defining tweets that narrowing it down to his 5 most revealing, offensive, stupid, or terrifying was impossible. But, the forum only allows 5 per post.

Don't you think what he says below days a lot about his character and integrity? It tells me a lot, and this is just a tiny sample.

Last edited:

Evan

Reaction score
Trump's first working getaway/mini-cation likely to cost at least $3 million.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/trump-mar-lago-taxpayers-234562

I just know he will face the same criticism that Obama did. Or, how about this...everyone agrees that Presidents are never truly on vacation or off the clock, and don't need to be cooped up in the White House 24/7? I'd love it if the Democrats came out and said it was inappropriate to criticize Obama for his trips, and the same applies to Trump. We aren't going to be partisan on this issue.

Of course that won't happen, but a man can dream, can't he?

Matt

Reaction score
OK, executive order #73 is one that cannot be supported by all.

trump-EXORDER-diogenes-.jpg

Evan

Reaction score
Trump supporters reacting to a George W. Bush appointed Federal Judge temporarily ruling against Trump's Executive Order by replying to a Fox News tweet:

I'm sure people here will be consistent and condemn people wanting to trample on the Constitution like they did in reference to Berkeley protests. And, yes, there were people threatening violence, but I'm not reposting a violent threat against a Federal Judge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Logo 468x120
Back