• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Archive 2017-2019 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stormlover

Reaction score
Dude, it was proven you posted misleading (at best) material. It was a troll job. You wrongly accused people of a terrorist act.
Who the heck are you? I posted someone else's post and haven't been back on here. I stand by what I said about the Canadian PM, even if his post wasn't accurate.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Who the heck are you? I posted someone else's post and haven't been back on here. I stand by what I said about the Canadian PM, even if his post wasn't accurate.
Even if YOUR post wasn't accurate.

I like to talk politics and the case of the travel ban is an interesting one. It doesn't need to get cluttered with alternative facts.

Evan

Reaction score

That's clearly not true. You've made multiple posts since then. Pressing the delete button or editing your post takes all of 10 seconds.

Your argument about Trudeau was completely buttressed by the perpetrators of the terrorist attack being Syrian refugees. Without that fact, your comment is a complete non-sequitur. It would be like me coming and posting a brief sentence that Vince McMahon is senile and providing zero evidence, context, or information to support your post. That's akin to just opening your front door and ranting into the wind.

Stormlover

Reaction score
So President Trump has downgraded the Joint Chiefs of Staff of the military and the Director of National Security from our National Security Council and have replaced them with the former head of a tabloid news reporting organization. Can someone tell me how this makes any sense?
Not true. That was misinformation. Go back and read about it, they were not replaced at all.

PerryW

Rest in Peace
Honorary Meteorologist
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer

Stormlover

Reaction score
That's clearly not true. You've made multiple posts since then. Pressing the delete button or editing your post takes all of 10 seconds.

Your argument about Trudeau was completely buttressed by the perpetrators of the terrorist attack being Syrian refugees. Without that fact, your comment is a complete non-sequitur. It would be like me coming and posting a brief sentence that Vince McMahon is senile and providing zero evidence, context, or information to support your post. That's akin to just opening your front door and ranting into the wind.
I may have been in and out, I did go back and finally found it and deleted it. My bad on not confirming the accuracy of the post. I do think the Canadian PM is naive about all of this though.

Stormlover

Reaction score
Sally Yates really gave the President no choice. Whether you agree or disagree with the Executive Order signed by Trump, he is the President. As acting Attorney General, you either enforce the law or you will be replaced.
And at worse, she should have gone and discussed it with Trump in private, not come out in public with those statements and instructing the Justice Dept to not cooperate. From what I understand, she could have stepped of this if she didn't want to defend it and Trump could have gotten someone else to defend it, but yes, she left him no choice.

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I may have been in and out, I did go back and finally found it and deleted it. My bad on not confirming the accuracy of the post. I do think the Canadian PM is naive about all of this though.
Alright that is done everyone. This is my first and last post about "attacks". I love the discussion but don't personalize attacks. All is well!

Evan

Reaction score
Evan,give it up. I'm not going to engage your constant, ridiculous accusations on the new TW. Not...going ...to ...play...that. The end.

Please provide a list or summary of any "ridiculous accusations" that I've made. I'm more than happy to provide unbiased evidence to back up each one of them... which is something I likely already did in the initial post.

False accusations lacking evidence is actually exactly what is at issue here. Especially accusations of such serious magnitude

I have both criticized and defended President Trump in the past 24 hours. I have also criticized and defended President Obama in the past 24 hours.

I'm here to have political discussion with a community of people that I either know personally or have known online for a number of years. Keyword here is "discussion." Hit-and-run purely partisan one-liner posts is not political discussion -- especially when someone chooses not to address any posts that disagree with their post, and chooses only to respond to those that agree with them.

I post too much, and clearly the forum doesn't yet have the level of activity that supports that. I actually thought of that earlier today, and have decided to significantly reduce my posting activity in the political forum. I don't want to post monologues. I can blog if I want to do that. I'm interested in hearing the views of others -- that's kind of the very definition of what a discussion forum is.

You seem to struggle with disagreement, and any criticism is deemed to be personal or unfair no matter how constructive and neutral it is. I'm certainly not perfect myself, but I would hope you will start to see that there is a difference.

Take care, Keith. I'm not here to bicker with you or anyone else. There are huge sweeping changes occurring in our country, and people should be able to disagree and discuss while listening to others.

Evan

Reaction score

That's fair. That's all I was trying to accomplish here. Perhaps you didn't remember making the post, but that's why I quoted it several times.

Why do you think the Canadian PM is naive? You don't think he just has a different perspective and opinion?

Last edited:

Kory

Reaction score
He's not naive. The guy praised Castro for being a "remarkable leader." The same guy who had political prisoners, firing squads for dissenters, etc. Trudeau is just a delusional, left wing lunatic.

Last edited:

PerryW

Rest in Peace
Honorary Meteorologist
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting quote from President de facto Steve Bannon last year... "Trump is a “blunt instrument for us,” Bannon told Ken Stern for Vanity Fair last summer. “I don't know whether he really gets it or not.”

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
"Rex Tillerson, the former chairman and chief executive of Exxon Mobil, has been sworn in as President Donald Trump’s secretary of state.

The Texas native, 64, was cleared for full Senate approval in a 56-43 vote.

The vote came after Senate Republicans changed the rules in order to approve Mr Trump's nominees for health and treasury, despite a Democratic boycott."

I like how the Senate Republicans just change the rules to get the nominee through without a 60-40 approval vote.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Different guy but I'm reminded of the old Dredd Postulate.
exxon-ceo.jpg

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Trump makes a good SCOTUS pick and his move today to greet the remains of the fallen Navy Seal was outstanding(and IMO probably his idea), but then there's stuff like this.......

C3nuOowUEAECCWj.jpg:large

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back