• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Women’s College World Series

Kory

Reaction score
Alabama’s women softball team is headed to the College World Series. This team has something special about them. Picked to finish in the bottom tier of the SEC this season, they won the regular season title.

Roll Tide! Bring home that trophy.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Great accomplishment for this team! I don't know if they have the pitching to go very far in the WS but hoping they do.

Lori

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Roll Tide!!
Those girls played in some heat yesterday!!

Kory

Reaction score
What a game by Montana Fouts yesterday. Beating Oklahoma twice is gonna be a tough task but if there’s a team to do it, this one will. There’s just a lot of good chemistry with them.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
What a game by Montana Fouts yesterday. Beating Oklahoma twice is gonna be a tough task but if there’s a team to do it, this one will. There’s just a lot of good chemistry with them.

I watched some of the Florida game. I had no idea they had to play again last night. And they have to play twice again today?

Also, I thought softball had 10 players but do they not all bat?

maroonedinhsv

Reaction score
I watched some of the Florida game. I had no idea they had to play again last night. And they have to play twice again today?

Not sure what you mean by “10 players”. If you are referring to fielding positions, no - that’s a slow-pitch thing and kid fast pitch thing. There is a designated player in NCAA softball. This is similar to the DH, except the designated player can hit for any position, not just the pitcher.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Not sure what you mean by “10 players”. If you are referring to fielding positions, no - that’s a slow-pitch thing and kid fast pitch thing. There is a designated player in NCAA softball. This is similar to the DH, except the designated player can hit for any position, not just the pitcher.

Yeah, I was referring to a 4th outfielder. I just assumed that was normal for all softball.

Kory

Reaction score

We got hosed by the committee’s seeding. How were we seeding behind 3 teams we beat...away from home? They just made it more difficult for us, but the team has proven them wrong nearly every step of the regionals, super regionals, and now CWS.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I have been a softball fan for 26 hours and I'm questioning the coach's decision on who he started at pitcher

Kory

Reaction score
I have been a softball fan for 26 hours and I'm questioning the coach's decision on who he started at pitcher
Yeah, probably will rest Fouts until the last few innings, but why aren't you going with your SEC Pitcher of the Year in Sarah Cornell?

I like Goodman, but she can be erratic. This is easily the biggest stage she's ever been on. I just hope the damage isn't done because we struggled to put 2 runs on them in our loss Thursday...

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Why do the Alabama girls keep throwing up L's and banging the tips of their thumbs together?

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
That's their homerun gesture.

Side note, this team looks fatigued. Played til 1am last night and a doubleheader today.
I thought the same thing after that error earlier in the game where the ball was fumbled then thrown away.

Kory

Reaction score
Hats off to OU. They are an absolute machine and will probably win it all again. For Alabama, the future is very bright. We’ll easily be back.

Kory

Reaction score
Also held the top two offenses (Arizona and Oklahoma) to 0, ZERO, runs in 15 innings. Montana Fouts is going to be an Alabama legend...and she's only a freshman.

Back