• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Winter 2018-2019

skelly

Reaction score
Anyone have a lead on when last cold shots happen I’m not looking for deep freeze just curious as the last couple of freeze/frost events.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Annoying self reply but the NAM brings the snow band through between 7 and 10 AM so commuting tomorrow will be miserable. Then sleet and freezing rain continuing all afternoon. GFS brings the snow through later and gets the wintry stuff out of here by 0z at least. HRRR is closer to the NAM timing but keeps the snow around longer. This is a pick your poison type thing I think. Hopefully the government closes tomorrow since there’s already a winter storm warning.

Reactions: KoD

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I haven’t been out to measure but just guesstimating that we have about 2.5-3” already and more coming down. Starting to get icy on some of the roads. Glad the government offices closed today but my wife still had to work.

skelly

Reaction score
I haven’t been out to measure but just guesstimating that we have about 2.5-3” already and more coming down. Starting to get icy on some of the roads. Glad the government offices closed today but my wife still had to work.

Have fun on the winter side this severe rainy foggy floods side wreaks.

skelly

Reaction score
We’re into warm temps severe weather flooding trees blooming so this concerns me outlook is for above average rain next two weeks or more temps may be moderating to more seasonal with some frost light freezes thrown in I’m not thinking we’re past the chances of snow or ice just keep it in the back of you’re head...

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Mt. Washington is showing off tonight, setting an all-time February wind record of 171 mph.

The observatory is also live streaming its observations

MattW

Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KG4GUF
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
GFS showing a possible wintry event across the SE Monday-Wednesdayish.

Attachments

• GFSSE_prec_snow_189.png
    GFSSE_prec_snow_189.png
    87.5 KB · Views: 0

Kory

Reaction score
We’ve seen a lot of systems trend NW with time. We’ll see how this one goes...European is another bout of heavy rainfall for Alabama.

Weatherphreak

Reaction score
GFS was showing that same system dumping 4 inches of snow in South Mississippi yesterday so I’m not holding my breath. It will be a chilly start to March though for sure.

skelly

Reaction score
So confidence is low in the forecast for Saturday-Monday which model can handle it this far out. I know some are probably showing winter mischief at least for north alabama for now I know no one is going to give it any credence and I don’t blame them wait and see definitely colder next week I’m sure.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Another 1-2" tonight probably, because apparently mother nature has decided that I deserve to suffer.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
I am going to Unpin this thread. I hope we can safely say that we will not need this any further.

Logo 468x120
Back