• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

What's in your Kit?

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Sorry to disappoint but I'm neither Jennifer Garner or Samuel L. Jackson, but I do want to know what's in your emergency kit. I took some time today to check everything in mine and make sure nothing had expired or leaked out. Also took a little time to write up a blog post about it and share the details of some of the more special items I keep in my kit. Note that some of the links in this post and the blog entry have Amazon affiliate links for TalkWeather. Purchasing an item through those links help support TalkWeather.

It has taken a little over two years to assemble my kit(s).

I have a primary at home kit:
  • Water (9 gallons = 1 gallon per person x 3 days)
  • Batteries (various sizes)
  • Basic first aid kit
  • Old towels and washcloths that I don't mind throwing away
  • Multiple rolls of duct tape
  • Tarps and a jar of screws/nails (for quick temporary repairs)
  • Small tool set of hammer, screwdriver, and pliers
  • Manually operated can opener and can punch.
I also have a smaller go-bag that was originally inspired by a ProPac bag that I purchased from the hospital that I volunteer at. They have a similar bag for sale at
https://propacusa.com/product/dib-emergency-kit/

I had some funds left over in my health savings account this year so I added on an Adventure Series Medical Kit that fits nicely in my ProPac bag.

In my regular everyday backpack, I carry

So, what's in your kit?

Last edited:

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
My emergency kit contains:

Flashlight + batteries, crowbar, heavy duty gloves, glow sticks, matches, 15ft of rope, reflective warming blanket, ponchos, trauma sheers, detailed map of AL & USA, NOAA weather radio and a few other items I'm likely forgetting.

I always keep a well stocked metal toolbox next to the emergency kit and I have an emergency first aid kit as well that contains:

Band-Aids, ace wraps, gauze, tourniquets, benzocaine, lidocaine, IV start kits w/ tubing, saline flushes, sterile needles and syringes, sterile gloves, gowns and a C-spine stabilization collar.

Lori

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Sorry to disappoint but I'm neither Jennifer Garner or Samuel L. Jackson, but I do want to know what's in your emergency kit. I took some time today to check everything in mine and make sure nothing had expired or leaked out. Also took a little time to write up a blog post about it and share the details of some of the more special items I keep in my kit. Note that some of the links in this post and the blog entry have Amazon affiliate links for TalkWeather. Purchasing an item through those links help support TalkWeather.

It has taken a little over two years to assemble my kit(s).

I have a primary at home kit:
  • Water (9 gallons = 1 gallon per person x 3 days)
  • Batteries (various sizes)
  • Basic first aid kit
  • Old towels and washcloths that I don't mind throwing away
  • Multiple rolls of duct tape
  • Tarps and a jar of screws/nails (for quick temporary repairs)
  • Small tool set of hammer, screwdriver, and pliers
  • Manually operated can opener and can punch.
I also have a smaller go-bag that was originally inspired by a ProPac bag that I purchased from the hospital that I volunteer at. They have a similar bag for sale at
https://propacusa.com/product/dib-emergency-kit/

I had some funds left over in my health savings account this year so I added on an Adventure Series Medical Kit that fits nicely in my ProPac bag.

In my regular everyday backpack, I carry

So, what's in your kit?

I think my family and I will have a GPS with your address in our kit!!

Sent from my iPhone using TalkWeather mobile app

Back