• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!
Logo 468x120

WeatherNation, FoxWeather, or Accuweather

NorthBamaWX

Reaction score
For people that dont have cable and cannot get the weather channel. Of the 3 of these streaming services which do you guys think is the best during severe weather?

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
If I had to pick the best of those three, probably WeatherNation

But to be honest, I get all my weather information from this site and directly from the NWS so my two cents probably aren't the best.

Sawmaster

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
If I had to pick the best of those three, probably WeatherNation

But to be honest, I get all my weather information from this site and directly from the NWS so my two cents probably aren't the best.
That's my approach too, though I must say that my local NWS office is a mere shadow of what it once was. All they have now is CAM analyzers and mimics of what other NWS sources say. The two guys they did have who had insight and intuition of local WX quirks are long gone, and with them went their accuracy. There's one TV meteorologist who is their equal or better, but since I don't do social media his input to me is limited.

Austin Dawg

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
This is a good topic. Unfortunately unfortunately, I have to still rely on the national weather service national coverage is not very good

Ryan Hall has a good YouTube stream coverage.

Reaction score
I honestly have no interest in watching a streaming service for severe weather coverage. I realize I might be weird in regards to that. But even in my bottom-rung market back home in MN (with no competition), I would rather watch local coverage if I was going to watch anything, and that doesn't require cable, either.

Fred Gossage

PerryW Project Supporter
Meteorologist
Reaction score
For people that dont have cable and cannot get the weather channel. Of the 3 of these streaming services which do you guys think is the best during severe weather?
There's a digital streaming LOCAL level service that covers Limestone County, AL. ;) You can find us on Roku, FireTV, AppleTV, or YouTube by searching for Tennessee Valley Weather.

Back