• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

Vortex SE Survey - How do people receive severe weather info

Lori

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
It took about 10 minutes, I recommend when y'all have time to take this!

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Done! Thanks for posting this. I'm one of those weird people who really enjoys taking surveys for whatever reason. I can't wait to see the results of this. There are times when I wish I'd studied something like sociology/social psychology because the way people respond to weather warnings, etc. is really interesting to me.

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
That was easy. I've reached out to Dr. Myers to see if she would be willing to give us more insight to her study.

Last edited:

ChaninCullman

Reaction score
Rarely have we never had a lead time warning, I remember one time a few years ago, a small tornado came about 300 yards from my house, we had been watching the weather that night,the approaching storm had that different sound to it,we sheltered in closet in bathroom, there was damage to houses,and trees down,I think it was rated an EF 1,probably 50 yards wide with the damage area and a mile or two long, I pay attention to the weather mainly the reason I have 4 small grandchildren that live in tornado prone areas,Tannehill area and Calera,my children work and they know they can depend on me to alert them. Common sense goes a long way. I can't stand for people to say they had no idea or no warning when 99.99% of the time we do have warnings, usually days in advance.Our meteorologist take lots of unwarranted heat.

ChaninCullman

Reaction score
Rarely have we never had a lead time warning, I remember one time a few years ago, a small tornado came about 300 yards from my house, we had been watching the weather that night,the approaching storm had that different sound to it,we sheltered in closet in bathroom, there was damage to houses,and trees down,I think it was rated an EF 1,probably 50 yards wide with the damage area and a mile or two long, I pay attention to the weather mainly the reason I have 4 small grandchildren that live in tornado prone areas,Tannehill area and Calera,my children work and they know they can depend on me to alert them. Common sense goes a long way. I can't stand for people to say they had no idea or no warning when 99.99% of the time we do have warnings, usually days in advance.Our meteorologist take lots of unwarranted heat.
By the way, I did take the survey, it just reminded me of people who say they had no clue of bad weather, so I was somewhat ranting.

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
If you participated in this VORTEX SE survey, be sure to check your inbox for the first follow up survey.

Back