• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

The Official TalkWeather 2017 Solar Eclipse Thread

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
DHwdEMHWAAAzZkO.jpg

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I'm volunteering at the U.S. Space and Rocket Center. UA Huntsville has their Space Hardware Club out here taking weather measurements. Massive temp drop over the last hour.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer

_melody_

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
We went to Gallatin, TN and got to experience the totality. It was incredible. We didn't go to the park where they were having a huge 50,000+ crowd and tons of festivities. We didn't need all of that. We got to see the best show from right near our hotel. The 2024 eclipse will be on my birthday. My kids are already making plans to go see it, and reminding me that they'll be old enough to drive me there by then. If you get a chance to go see one, do. I remember the 1984 Annular eclipse and it was pretty amazing, but to see the totality was so much MORE than amazing. It was just one of the most remarkable experiences that I will ever have, and everyone that I know that saw it has said that they felt the same way.

Back