• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Terrible news out of Auburn

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
The voice of Auburn Tigers football Rod Bramblett was critically injured and his wife killed in a car accident this evening in Auburn. Rod is currently at UAB in critical condition.

barcncpt44

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Terrible news.

barcncpt44

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
This was Rod Bramblett's final call, as Auburn lost to LSU in the SEC Baseball Tournament.

xJownage

Reaction score
I love this forum. Several Alabama fans properly honoring one of the faces of their most bitter rivals is one of the most wholesome things I've seen in a long time.

I always loved Bramblett's voice and the way he spoke reminded me so much of myself it was unreal. I'll miss him, despite being an FSU fan far away from the SEC.

Lori

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
FCFB6861-3584-46AA-9235-0997A21684E1.jpeg

Lori

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
6E9FEBD9-E57D-44D7-82E9-B03326068A95.jpeg

StormStalker

Staff member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
He had become one of the iconic voices of the modern football era. Such a tragic loss. Rest easy Rod. Our hearts are deep with sorrow for his family and his extended Auburn family.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
One of the best play by play guys in the current era... such a tragic loss for the Auburn family. Terrible

Kory

Reaction score
Easily his most famous call. While it hurts me to post as a University of Alabama fan and alum, you cannot miss Rod’s burning passion for everything Auburn.

Last edited:

Kory

Reaction score
I love this forum. Several Alabama fans properly honoring one of the faces of their most bitter rivals is one of the most wholesome things I've seen in a long time.

I always loved Bramblett's voice and the way he spoke reminded me so much of myself it was unreal. I'll miss him, despite being an FSU fan far away from the SEC.
The people of Alabama know when to put a rivalry aside. Whether is was the 2011 Tuscaloosa tornado or the tragic death of the voice Auburn athletics, the opposing fan base rallies behind the other.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Easily his most famous call. While it hurts me to post a University of Alabama fan and alum, you cannot miss Rod’s burning passion for everything Auburn.

His call the week prior is pretty legendary as well.

Home team announcers should be homers. I want my announcer as invested in the game as I am. Rod's love for Auburn was genuine and I've never spoke with an Auburn fan who didn't like him.

More importantly, I've never heard anyone who has met him to have anything but good to say about him as a person.

Kory

Reaction score
The 16-year old driver is being charged with 2 counts of manslaughter as an adult. Police cited excessive speed and marijuana in his system.

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
The 16-year old driver is being charged with 2 counts of manslaughter as an adult. Police cited excessive speed and marijuana in his system.
Just a horrible situation all the way around. Learning a very adult lesson at a young age due to poor decision making.

Back