• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

TalkWeather's $970,000,000 Homecoming Thread (MegaMillions)

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Hello, fellow TalkWeather members.

In the past, we have hosted lottery threads where those who post in the thread get a chance at splitting a big win. Well with so much going on in the world, I decided to host another lottery thread BUT also treat it as a homecoming thread as well. Please invite all our long-lost TalkWeather friends to come back and visit us and drop a line in this thread for a chance to split the win because we are truly a lucky bunch. We will also be dropping an e-mail to all our registered members to invite them to come back and join us to make TalkWeather a part of their lives again.

For a chance to win answer this question.

What would you do with your lottery winnings?

IMG_3942.jpg

By participating you agree to the following:
  1. This lottery thread is only open to those who are U.S. Citizens and at least 18 years old as of January 21st, 2021.
  2. By posting in this thread you agree that you meet the qualifications outlined above and agree to forfeit any win under $5000.00
  3. The lottery commission or authority of Arkansas will make the final determination of the amount of any payout.
  4. No amounts will be awarded unless the lottery ticket pictured above wins more than $5000.00 US dollars. In the event of a win in excess of $5,000, an administrative fee of 10% will be applied to distribute winnings
  5. To enter the pool, you must post in this thread with the answer to the thread question "What would you do with your lottery winnings?"
  6. All posts with answers made prior to 9:00pm (US Central) Friday, January 23, 2021will be considered valid entries. The server time is considered the master clock and will be reflected in the time of the post.
  7. You may post multiple times in this thread, but only one entry person will be awarded.
  8. This contest is open to all members of TalkWeather including admins and moderators.
  9. Social Data Group, LLC, a Wyoming company, is the administrator of this contest and it's managers serve as the final adjudicator for this contest. This includes eligibility to participate, payout decisions with lottery organizations, and final payouts to winners.

Reactions: KoD

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Yay! Glad to see this back.

With my winnings I would get a financial advisor, invest lots of it and pay for my son's university. There's so much more I'd do but that's the priority. I'd get some game consoles and entertainment things since I'd likely not work two jobs anymore.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Depends on what my split is :)

Let's say my split was $50M after taxes
I would pay off my house
Get a new truck and a new fishing boat
Get my wife a new whatever car (it would be an SUV for her) she wanted
Give a $1M to each of my kids and step kids in a trust with the stipulation you can make draws of no more than $100,000 per year starting at age 30 and they would have to keep working at their jobs. No problem for my kids they are MDs and love their work. My step kids are TBD on the jobs because they are still in school
Split $1M for extended family and my closest friends
Buy an annuity for ~ $10,000 income per month payable until both my wife and I are deceased (probably about $4M invested)
That would leave ~ $40M to give to charities and people who are in dire need.
That would be my plan... what's yours?

maroonedinhsv

Reaction score
If it was enough money, I’d buy a house on the lake. If it was a smaller amount, I’d just use it pay for my camper’s site rental for a little while. Either way, it’d be contributing to my time in guntersville.

Jacob

Reaction score
Depending on the amount, I'd sell my house and move to a mountain town in the rocky mountains. Something like Breckenridge, CO, Telluride, CO, Jackson, WY, etc.

If it was a smaller amount, I'd probably put it towards my two kids college funds, or put it towards a family van.

Drew Richards

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
First off I would help as many as I could that have been impacted by COVID. I know so many folks that are struggling right now.

I would also pay off all debt, and purchase a second vehicle for our family.

Whatever is left would go to home upkeep (new deck, rotting facia boards, new roof), and also purchasing weather stations and weather cameras. :)

champal3003

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Pay off debt, down payment or purchase home and donate to church and help those struggling and in need during pandemic.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
The first 10% of the winnings go to my church.
I would then Pay off any debt that I could to include all debt if the amount of money associated is sufficient.
Then I would build a Log Cabin and Garage on my property.
Tear down the house I am currently living in, Rebuild it and give it away to someone who was in need to take care of their family.
I would buy 6 Cars. 1. 1989 Ford Mustang GT Convertible (My Mother's Dream Car) And since she is not living, I would take her ashes on the very first ride. 2. A 2021 Truck for my father. The truck of his choosing. 3. A new car for my daughter. 4. A new car for my son. 5. A Brand New Luxury Ride for my wife. and 6. A Ford F350 Diesel.

Leftover from that, I would invest in my farm, in stocks, in savings to secure my families future. I would also pledge to donate 10% of my income to my church yearly.
And second, giving back to God is giving to help those less fortunate. I would donate another 10% yearly to a cause that would provide for those in need. The first year 10% would go to St. Jude Children's Hospitals.
I would also like to choose one U.S. Military Veteran who was in need and pay off 100% of their debt every year.

greenem81

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Technical Admin
Reaction score
I would give my tithes off of it, pay off all of my debt, buy a new house for my family, and then would invest the rest.
And likely help out several family members and close friends with a little financial relief.

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Well happy to announce the mega millions is over $1 billion. Love seeing all your amazing posts. I would close out my debt, find me a nice home in Colorado or Wyoming and another home down on the Gulf Coast. Put a few million in my Robinhood account to play with and the rest under the control of a good financial planner.
Good luck everyone!!

akt1985

Reaction score
The Powerball was up to over $700 million until last night. The lone winner was from an impoverished town in western Maryland. Great to hear.

barcncpt44

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
For me simple, get off disability and live comfortably.

Jacob

Reaction score
Well happy to announce the mega millions is over $1 billion. Love seeing all your amazing posts. I would close out my debt, find me a nice home in Colorado or Wyoming and another home down on the Gulf Coast. Put a few million in my Robinhood account to play with and the rest under the control of a good financial planner.
Good luck everyone!!

Sounds like we might be neighbors by next week! :D

Lori

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Late to the game but I’d give 95% of my winnings away... to church, to family, friends, all types of charities and foundations.
For myself, a small cabin in the mountains and a beach house on the Gulf. An RV to travel all over the US to take photos and a very nice camera to shoot them!!

Last edited:

Evan

Reaction score
I would YOLO it all into 01/29 GME call options at a strike of $75.00. Because stonks, especially GME, only go up. And by up, I mean

WUT. MUH ROCKET TO THE MOON emoji doesn't work on our forum software. :sadface;

Back