• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

storm2k issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

t0rNaD0ez

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KD4FX
Anyone over here know how to get ahold of someone moderating at storm2k directly, without using their forum or web interface? (ie, simple email or other)... I have been trying to make an account over there for about three months now. It keeps getting kicked back saying either they will send an activation email (which I never receive) or otherwise, they will require staff to review for activation (which they never do)... every three weeks or so, I'm able to try again with the same username for an account, which means someone over there is manually deleting it as spam...

Sawmaster

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Whois.com lists a phone and a PO Box. Sometimes the old fashioned ways work better.

t0rNaD0ez

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KD4FX
The WHOIS data belonging to the domain owner has been redacted... What you are seeing is either the registrar (who would not have a reason to care, as it's irrelevant and not their job) or the DNS contact, (who is even further removed than the registrar...)

Sawmaster

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I ain't much with digital stuff unless there's a key and radio waves involved :cool: and I'm pretty rusty with that :(
Dah-dah-dididit diditdi-dah-dah :D

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Hey @t0rNaD0ez - I am not familiar with anyone at storm2k, but it seems like they might be utilizing an auto-moderation feature or, in the worst case scenario, their SMTP partner may have blocked their emails from being sent out due to an excessive number of failures or other issues.

The WHOIS data belonging to the domain owner has been redacted... What you are seeing is either the registrar (who would not have a reason to care, as it's irrelevant and not their job) or the DNS contact, (who is even further removed than the registrar...)

We actually get forwarded mail from the partner that handles our whois information. Never hurts to shoot that e-mail on file a message.

Let me know how it turns out and I'll see if I can contact someone over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back