• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Winter WX Southern US Winter Storm (Feb 9 - 17)

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
I was gonna say we should get together for some brewskies but then remembered covid lol.
I drove up the parkway and was surprised at how sharp the line was between inches of snow and nothing at all.
The scene up in Meridianville:
PXL_20210218_170251117.jpg

Bamamuscle

Reaction score
528fa36b055234b492c32270c6f50c53.jpg

This is our back yard.. Hazel Green AL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I was gonna say we should get together for some brewskies but then remembered covid lol.
I drove up the parkway and was surprised at how sharp the line was between inches of snow and nothing at all.
The scene up in Meridianville:
View attachment 6082
I work near Providence. The no snow / snow change was pretty drastic at 8am this morning.

Meridianville is where we are moving

Fred Gossage

Meteorologist
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
February 17 2021 Snow Totals.jpg

Here are reports we have compiled so far for our viewing area counties. These either came from reports relayed by the National Weather Service offices, reports relayed by broadcast media that had ruler measurement pictures, or reports sent to us that were accompanied by ruler measurement pictures of a flat area away from objects that can cause drifts or blocking of accumulation.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 6088

Here are reports we have compiled so far for our viewing area counties. These either came from reports relayed by the National Weather Service offices, reports relayed by broadcast media that had ruler measurement pictures, or reports sent to us that were accompanied by ruler measurement pictures of a flat area away from objects that can cause drifts or blocking of accumulation.
That is accurate for our area. We live in north Florence about 1 mile south of St. Florian and we measured 5.5" in 3 different flat areas in our yard

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
We got a bit more snow this morning but everything is melting now. Mid-50s next week!

Back