• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Winter WX Southern US Winter Storm (Feb 9 - 17)

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Seeing photos out of north Madison county of dump trucks worth of beautiful snow. Here in south Madison county it's a sad solid rain :(

Timhsv

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Seeing photos out of north Madison county of dump trucks worth of beautiful snow. Here in south Madison county it's a sad solid rain :(
I'm in Meridianville with about 3". Where exactly are you again? Interesting. At 09"26 P.M.

Weatherphreak

Reaction score
This is possibly the most depressing storm ever. Sitting in south Huntsville watching Madison get absolutely dumped on is so frustrating.

Reactions: KoD

Blountwolf

Sustaining Member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
33 and rain/sleet mix here in west Blount county. Sounds like more rain than sleet now. I get the feeling the 850 moisture and warmth train is winning. Slushy mess, but not freezing over, thankfully. Right on the edge.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
33 and rain/sleet mix here in west Blount county. Sounds like more rain than sleet now. I get the feeling the 850 moisture and warmth train is winning. Slushy mess, but not freezing over, thankfully. Right on the edge.
Hey BW/Snownose... good to hear from you

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
151585997_10165145644940413_6934794039174895480_n.jpg
152005231_10165145686285413_3359823945269975620_n.jpg

9:30 report from Florence AL. Big fatties coming down... big batch of snow cream made and consumed by me and the fam... 3.5" of new accumulation

Mr. Clark

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
We got about 3 inches here in West Madison, but it's starting to mix with rain now.PXL_20210218_022218404.MP.jpg

mdberry

Reaction score
I'm in Meridianville with about 3". Where exactly are you again? Interesting. At 09"26 P.M.
We are located between Meridianville and Hazel Green, off of Hwy 231. We have between 3-4 inches of nice snow.

Heard reports from a co-worker of my wife, who lives around New Hope; that they got mostly rain.

Brice

Reaction score
Likely power outages in Virginia, where I am at in the state, it's forecasting AT LEAST 3 quarters of an inch of ice, with at least 5 inches of snow, with some sleet, and obviously some rain to top it off

Timhsv

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
We are located between Meridianville and Hazel Green, off of Hwy 231. We have between 3-4 inches of nice snow.

Heard reports from a co-worker of my wife, who lives around New Hope; that they got mostly rain.
Ahhh, Ok!

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
South Huntsville near Hobbs Rd, just a mile or two north of the tennessee river.

StormStalker

Staff member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
5 inches here. An absolute beautiful snowfall on top a glacier of compacted sleet. This week really made winter. I don’t know if Mother Nature has one more trick up her sleeve before Spring but I’ve enjoyed every snowflake and sleet pellet we’ve had!

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
South Huntsville near Hobbs Rd, just a mile or two north of the tennessee river.
we live very close to each other(at least for a couple more months). I googled earth'd it one day and I am 2 miles north of the river as the crow flies. We are just south of Challenger.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
We got a coating overnight but it's already switched over to sleet. You'll never believe it, but a DC snowstorm underperformed again.

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
The good news is we're pretty much done for now and didn't get any significant amount of freezing rain, so hopefully fewer impacts than this weekend. Not sure about areas further south.

Weatherphreak

Reaction score
we live very close to each other(at least for a couple more months). I googled earth'd it one day and I am 2 miles north of the river as the crow flies. We are just south of Challenger.
I’m just a couple miles south of that near ditto. Grew up off Hobbs and went to Challenger when it first opened.

Back