• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

So Long, La Niña; Arctic Temperatures Soar 63°F in 24 Hours

TWBot

TalkWeather Bot
Don't Feed The Bots
Reaction score
In its latest monthly advisory, issued Thursday, NOAA’s Climate Prediction Center (CPC) sounded the death knell for the 2016-17 La Niña. SSTs in the benchmark Niño 3.4 region (in the equatorial Pacific) warmed to 0.3°C below average during early February; SSTs of 0.5°C or more below average in this region are required to be classified as weak La Niña conditions. As further evidence of the demise of La Niña, subsurface cold waters across the equatorial Pacif...<br /><a href="http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/comment.html?entrynum=3555">Read More</a>

Continue reading...

Lori

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I've read this but I'm not 100% sure what it means, can someone nutshell this for me....was this the cause of the drought, mild (so far) winter and Dixie Alley tornadoes Jan and Feb?

X

Xenesthis

There is a 3-12 month delay between changes so no in my opinion it would not be related... Wait until late March!

Lori

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
There is a 3-12 month delay between changes so no in my opinion it would not be related... Wait until late March!

Okay! Thanks!

Back