• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!
Logo 468x120

Severe Weather Threat - May 6, 2024

wx_guy

Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KO4ZGH
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
  2. ARRL Member
The 01z mesoanalysis has a large area that actually surpasses the scale for the Violent Tornado Parameter...it looks like 20 is the highest it goes. According to the paper that created the VTP, the 90th percentile in their sampling was 10.1 for confirmed violent tornadoes. So having a large part of central OK being maxed out (somewhere) above 20 is just astounding and mind-boggling.

The big question is what will take advantage of this....

1715044501702.png

1715044611159.png

SmokeEater

Reaction score
From OUN: Timing Update: Current line of storms continues to progress eastward through area 1. Anticipate this line to stay mainly north of I-40. That being said, we're seeing indications that a second line may develop late tonight around the I-44 corridor, affecting central and possibly southern Oklahoma. We're also watching some attempts at convection along the dryline in southwest Oklahoma, but chances of that amounting to anything appear low at this time.

Clancy

Reaction score
Don’t exactly know why the current segment of storms are doing hell all, but thank goodness so.

Although I’m getting worried about the second round as the moment they form the environment will be more than primed, and this is the segment that’s headed into the OK city metro.
I certainly hope it stays quiet, but I'm definitely not trusting it to.