• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!
Logo 468x120

Severe Weather Threat - May 6, 2024

SmokeEater

Reaction score
From OUN: RAP analysis shows the 300 mb jet streak just starting to impinge on western Oklahoma. This coincides with a renewed push of cumulus/storm development across southwest Oklahoma. This needs to be watched very, very closely - the environment along and south of I-40 this evening will be highly conducive to significant severe weather.

Reaction score
Severe thunderstorm warning southwest of the Putnam cell. Four, possibly soon to be five distinct supercells from I-40 to the OK/KS line. However, we have yet to see any really substantial (long-lived/intense/photogenic) tornadoes out of them. That *should* very likely change within the next couple of hours.

Reaction score
From OUN: RAP analysis shows the 300 mb jet streak just starting to impinge on western Oklahoma. This coincides with a renewed push of cumulus/storm development across southwest Oklahoma. This needs to be watched very, very closely - the environment along and south of I-40 this evening will be highly conducive to significant severe weather.
All the limiting factors are falling away...

Maxis_s

Reaction score
Yeah, my only real question with this setup was if storms would fire farther south in OK. Guess that has been answered, unfortunately.
That, and whether the open warm sector does anything. That would be a worst case scenario if that were the case.
...unfortunately something seems to be initiating ahead of the current line.