• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!
Logo 468x120

Severe Weather Threat - May 6, 2024

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
The further east these storm in west Oklahoma move the better environment it will be with time. That Oklahoma City area is going to have a incredible parameter space, I'm afraid you'll see some deadly storms later. Hopefully a weather balloon will be released near norman at around 5 or 6 pm. Already 4000-4500 sbcape overlaying most of central and west Oklahoma.

Reaction score
The further east these storm in west Oklahoma move the better environment it will be with time. That Oklahoma City area is going to have an incredible parameter space, I'm afraid you'll see some deadly storms later. Hopefully a weather balloon will be released near norman at around 5 or 6 pm. Already 4000-4500 sbcape overlaying most of central and west Oklahoma.
I’d like to see if that warm nose has eroded any.

Reaction score
Two thunderstorms rapidly developing in NW OK (one SVR), with additional elevated returns to the south NW of Erick. Should see additional cells develop south of I-40 over the coming hours.