• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

Severe Weather Threat - March 30-31, 2021

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Eventful night. No sleep due to constant flash flood warnings on the wx radio and much loud thunder. Intrigued to see what surveys find over in MS and in the rogue damage a bit north of here; watched the little spins on the leading edge but looks like one of them did stuff

Austin Dawg

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Eventful night. No sleep due to constant flash flood warnings on the wx radio and much loud thunder. Intrigued to see what surveys find over in MS and in the rogue damage a bit north of here; watched the little spins on the leading edge but looks like one of them did stuff

Mom just called and said they were surprised with the storms. Said her alarms on her phone didn't go off for the Tornado Warnings and she was awakened by the sirens.

She said that the local news said they didn't expect the storms to be that bad, maybe some wind and it just ramped up fast. She says Hatley and Vardaman had damage and they all had flooding rains. I told her I was sorry I missed it and didn't warn her but she said no one expected the weather to do that.

Gail

Reaction score
Mom just called and said they were surprised with the storms. Said her alarms on her phone didn't go off for the Tornado Warnings and she was awakened by the sirens.

She said that the local news said they didn't expect the storms to be that bad, maybe some wind and it just ramped up fast. She says Hatley and Vardaman had damage and they all had flooding rains. I told her I was sorry I missed it and didn't warn her but she said no one expected the weather to do that.
She’s right. They said it would be a wind driven event and very isolated tornadoes (which I guess they were). I slept straight through it, and usually, if there’s a decent risk, I stay awake until it’s cleared our area.

Back