• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Severe Weather Threat - March 30-31, 2021

WhirlingWx

Reaction score
Just a casual tornado-warned couplet southwest of... Soso, Mississippi. Ring a bell, anyone?

Also this, I'm pretty sure the video shows it rotating, and at a good speed too, making a pretty convincing case for a tornado IMO

Now a confirmed tornado on a second storm near Leakesville, MS. Also a town that's been hit by a significant tornado before (April 15, 2011).

Last edited:

J-Rab

Reaction score
Just a casual tornado-warned couplet southwest of... Soso, Mississippi. Ring a bell, anyone?

Also this, I'm pretty sure the video shows it rotating, and at a good speed too, making a pretty convincing case for a tornado IMO

Now a confirmed tornado on a second storm near Leakesville, MS. Also a town that's been hit by a significant tornado before (April 15, 2011).

I saw that on my way home tonight. I was at that stoplight in the video at about 6:00. There was no warnings or anything.

it sure looked like a tornado, for sure.

MattW

Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KG4GUF
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Yea, this one is already overproducing I think. This makes me worried about tomorrow...it IS a Wednesday afterall.

Kolle

Reaction score
TDS on a cell near Hatley, MS, which is just a few miles north of the Columbus NEXRAD site.Hatley TDS.png

Timhsv

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
TORR Just North of KGWX with TDS indicated.
NWS Chat Memphis......Hatley school and homes reported damage in Monroe County.

The TVS was off from the actual couplet.

N MS TOR and CC.PNG

Last edited:

buckeye05

Reaction score
Really strong TDS with that Smithville area cell. Surveys will likely find significant damage in that area.

buckeye05

Reaction score
Re-watching the CC loop. Unfortunately, the small town of Hatley, MS looks to have taken a direct hit.

buckeye05

Reaction score
Likely tornado damage is also being reported in Vardaman, MS. This little event has been an over-performer.

Bama Ravens

Reaction score
Ex0hr4BUYAolcYp

Back