• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Severe WX Severe Weather Threat April 7th-9th, 2019

Daryl

Reaction score
The National Weather Service in Huntsville Alabama has issued a

* Tornado Warning for...
Central Jackson County in northeastern Alabama...

* Until 715 AM CDT.

* At 649 AM CDT, a severe thunderstorm capable of producing a tornado
was located near Section, or 9 miles south of Scottsboro, moving
northeast at 40 mph.

Richardjacks

Meteorologist
Reaction score
The setup today is quite messy, but looking at current radar trends, I could see a cold pool developing in the Tenn. Valley, will be interesting to see if that moves northward or if it becomes more dominant and sinks a little south, may enhance low level shear across the I59 corridor this afternoon.

Kory

Reaction score
The setup today is quite messy, but looking at current radar trends, I could see a cold pool developing in the Tenn. Valley, will be interesting to see if that moves northward or if it becomes more dominant and sinks a little south, may enhance low level shear across the I59 corridor this afternoon.
Looks like the convection along the coast messes up the LLJ. So only way I think we’ll get sufficient low level shear for any tornado threat will be this cold pool. Otherwise, hail will probably be the dominant threat this afternoon.

Richardjacks

Meteorologist
Reaction score
Looks like the convection along the coast messes up the LLJ. So only way I think we’ll get sufficient low level shear for any tornado threat will be this cold pool. Otherwise, hail will probably be the dominant threat this afternoon.
right, low level jet overall looks weak, but there may be some mesoscale enhancement, I believe that is what happened earlier. 3k nam may be picking up on this
srh03.us_se.png

Lori

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer

My word!! The garden center doesn’t look like the place to have been!
How are our peeps up that way?
Are y’all okay? No damage?
Looks like it’s not over yet!
April in the south!!

Daryl

Reaction score
My word!! The garden center doesn’t look like the place to have been!
How are our peeps up that way?
Are y’all okay? No damage?
Looks like it’s not over yet!
April in the south!!
I'm fine.Missed me by about 8 miles to the north.Always be on your toes in April in Dixie Alley!

Lori

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Looks like sunshine will start breaking out in west Alabama and start spreading north and east.
1kmv.gif

Not liking that or the fact it’s April 8th...if it were a Wednesday, I’d just stay in the storm cellar all day!!

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Cells starting ramp up in the areas where the sun was coming out in central western Alabama.

1554759445889.png

_melody_

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Not liking that or the fact it’s April 8th...if it were a Wednesday, I’d just stay in the storm cellar all day!!

All my life, if there has been one thing to look for on my birthday, it has been tornadoes. It's not really the best way to celebrate! We didn't have a tornado here, but there was a fierce and windy storm about 3:30 am this morning. I guess it did a little damage to the house, and the roof started to leak in my bedroom. Happy Birthday from Mother Nature, right?! ;)

Weatherphreak

Reaction score
It’ll be interesting to see if these storms can overcome the rain cooled air North of the Tennessee River. They might get to Huntsville and collapse

Back