• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Severe Weather May 31st- June 4th, 2018

Taylor Campbell

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
The weather is about to get really active with severe weather.

rolltide_130

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
If we want a severe season that's not absolutely crushing record low numbers, this system's gonna have to produce. Doesn't look like much more than a brief spin-up tor threat for here as of now, but this could be a fairly substantial MCS threat as it stands. Maybe out in the plains this may be a bit more in the way of tornado reports though.

Kory

Reaction score
If we want a severe season that's not absolutely crushing record low numbers, this system's gonna have to produce. Doesn't look like much more than a brief spin-up tor threat for here as of now, but this could be a fairly substantial MCS threat as it stands. Maybe out in the plains this may be a bit more in the way of tornado reports though.
You know its a slow severe wx season when folks are getting excited for summer MCSs a week out, while a tropical storm is knocking on the Gulf Coast. :p

ARCC

Reaction score
You know its a slow severe wx season when folks are getting excited for summer MCSs a week out, while a tropical storm is knocking on the Gulf Coast. :p

I've received 6 inches of rain in the past week, so unless Alberto strengthens somewhat, the rain it will bring during the first part of my week off isn't all that exciting.

Argus

Reaction score
This MCS potential might be the most exciting in recent memories. I may actually earn money as a weatherman over this potential.

ARCC

Reaction score
Euro back to showing a pretty strong look for Sunday. Pretty good vort dropping southward with deep layer shear 35-40kts, cape over 2000 and dew points in some areas near 80! It also shows what appears to be an MCS dropping out of TN then moving straight down the heart of AL.

ARCC

Reaction score
GFS is pretty much in line with the Euro. Widespread capes 3000-5000 with bulk shear at 35-40kts. Sunday may be the most active day in a while for the south.

Taylor Campbell

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Wow! There’s got to be some serious flooding issues in White County, GA. Flash flood emergency! They’ve already had flooding, and it’s pouring pools there now.

Peter Griffin

Reaction score
90556358ab8453a4d98ccbe46866a83c.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Jacob

Reaction score
Enhanced Risk on the Day 1 across Central AL into West Georgia due to wind threat. Outflow boundaries from that overnight MCS in AR/TN/MS are expected to be a focal point for some big storms this afternoon.

I haven't really been paying attention so I was a bit surprised to see the ENH risk when I happened to check the Day 1 this morning.

Taylor Campbell

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Enhanced Risk on the Day 1 across Central AL into West Georgia due to wind threat. Outflow boundaries from that overnight MCS in AR/TN/MS are expected to be a focal point for some big storms this afternoon.

I haven't really been paying attention so I was a bit surprised to see the ENH risk when I happened to check the Day 1 this morning.

They started with a slight risk then upgraded it.

ARCC

Reaction score
Severe Storm watch just issued for all of central AL. Mesoanalysis has sbcape over 4000, with LIs at -9. Dry air aloft will create a big time wind threat.

Back