• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Severe Weather Infrasound Tracking

Messages
1
Reaction score
1
Location
Central Texas
HAM Callsign
K2SWR
Special Affiliations
  1. ARRL Member
Howdy! My name is Steven Robinson, and I'm 57. I've been fascinated by severe weather since I was a kid, as I'm sure a lot of us here have been. Mine started back when I would stand outside and listen to the storms. The wind, the rain, the hail, and tornadoes. I've always felt like they were talking to us, but nobody was listening. Fast forward 45 years, and technology and research have changed and brought things to light. I now know about infrasound from storms. What I've been working on is a network of nodes that detect infrasound coming from storms and use that to detect, calculate, and track severe storms and tornadoes. I am in the process of building three proof-of-concept nodes that I will use to do some local testing for tracking and creating a database for use on a cloud server. It uses barometric pressure and LilyGo modules with cellular transmission of JSON packets. While I know my nodes are capable of tracking much more than just storms and tornadoes, this is my core and starting point. Everything else is an added bonus... or a system issue, depending on how you look at it. I would be interested in hearing ideas, suggestions, and questions from people who would like to know more or have insight into infrasound and storms. Thank you for your time. Respectfully, Steven Robinson
 
Back
Top