• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Rest In Peace Bill Paxton

Lori

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I believe most of the weather geek's here have loved (and shaken our heads at the inaccuracies) Twister and Bill Paxton's character whose nickname was "The Extreme"....I also believe that is why it's appropriate to post this thread here on the weather side.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainm...-due-to-complications-from-surgery/ar-AAnso5t

Emmy-winning actor Bill Paxton died due to complications from surgery, PEOPLE confirms.

“It is with heavy hearts we share the news that Bill Paxton has passed away due to complications from surgery,” a family representative said in a statement. “A loving husband and father, Bill began his career in Hollywood working on films in the art department and went on to have an illustrious career spanning four decades as a beloved and prolific actor and filmmaker. Bill’s passion for the arts was felt by all who knew him, and his warmth and tireless energy were undeniable. We ask to please respect the family’s wish for privacy as they mourn the loss of their adored husband and father.”

DDM

Reaction score
I used to watch Twister several times a week when I was a kid... I can actually pinpoint it as one of the things that started my love affair with severe weather. I felt like I got taken to the suck zone when I heard the news. RIP, Bill.

PerryW

Honorary Meteorologist
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Amen......Bill was one of my favorite actors, and was a nice guy. His performance made Twister special. Deeply saddened at the news of his death. May he Rest In Peace.

MichelleH

Reaction score
I can probably quote most of Twister, even though I still shake my head at the F5 scene. Rest in peace Bill. You were a wonderful actor and will be dearly missed. :(

Back