• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

Reports indicate that North Korean leader is near death

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
US Intelligence sources are indicating that North Korea's Kim Jong Un is "near death and in grave danger" following a cardiovascular surgery earlier this month. He was notably absent from a ceremony marking the birthday of NK's founding father and Kim’s grandfather, Kim Il Sung (which is a national holiday) on April 15th

The US is monitoring intelligence that North Korea's leader, Kim Jong Un, is in grave danger after surgery, according to a US official with direct knowledge. Kim recently missed the celebration of his grandfather's birthday on April 15, which raised speculation about his well-being. He had been seen four days before that at a government meeting.

Kim last appeared in North Korean state media on April 11. April 15 -- North Korea's most important holiday, the anniversary of the birth of the country's founding father, Kim Il Sung -- came and went without any official mention of Kim Jong Un's movements.

NBC is reporting that he is brain dead

• Wow
Reactions: KoD

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Wow, that's surprising news. I wonder who would replace him?

• Admin

WesL

Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I think his sister is next in line
Yup. Some say she would not be as um.. crazy. However, if the military leaders fear that she isn't up for the task they could stage a coup. Another group seems to think she is the mastermind of his image. A lot of what-if scenarios out there.

• Admin

WesL

Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
The NBC News reporter who tweeted the news that Kim Jong Un was brain dead has since deleted her tweet and posted a statement that they are waiting on more info.

1587437963550.png

Last edited:
Back