• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

Placefiles?

xJownage

Reaction score
What do you guys use for your grlevelx placefiles? I'm a GR2AE user who's had the program for over 5 years now, however when setting it up on my shiny new PC build, I discovered that many of the placefiles I used in the past simply don't work anymore. I currently have Storm reports, spotter network reports, spotter network filtered positions, and the full METAR plot. For the life of me, I cannot find a watch file that works (there's one from vansvault that loads but watch data is never uploaded/updated) or a convective outlook file that works. Is there anybody who's using gr2 or gr3 right now that has these placefiles that could pass us the link? I have been searching basically since the season began last month and have found no success.

locomusic01

Reaction score
I haven't used GR2AE in quite a while so maybe my placefiles are no good either, but I'll check when I'm on my other PC and see. If they work, I'll upload them for you. Also have some color tables I've made over the years (mostly BR/BV/SRV) if you/anyone is interested in them. The most useful one for me was expanding BR on the low end to bring out more weak gust fronts and things like that. And also expanding the velocity scale higher, though that's only been useful a couple of times w/high-end violent tornadoes.

xJownage

Reaction score
I haven't used GR2AE in quite a while so maybe my placefiles are no good either, but I'll check when I'm on my other PC and see. If they work, I'll upload them for you. Also have some color tables I've made over the years (mostly BR/BV/SRV) if you/anyone is interested in them. The most useful one for me was expanding BR on the low end to bring out more weak gust fronts and things like that. And also expanding the velocity scale higher, though that's only been useful a couple of times w/high-end violent tornadoes.
I'd definitely be interested in the BV one, I already have BR/SRV/CC scales that I like. If you have any useful scales for things like MEHS and ET, I'd love to see them!

Back