• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Options for an Online Memorial?

locomusic01

Reaction score
Hey all! So, in the course of my research on the May 31, 1985 tornado outbreak, I've gotten to know quite a few friends and family members of the victims. Many of them have shared stories, photos, etc. in remembrance; I've tried to include a bit of this in my article, but I simply can't do it for 90+ victims without it turning into War and Peace. I'm already at ~35,000 words with several tornadoes still to go, which is.. yikes.

Anywho, I was thinking about this a bit and I thought maybe what I could do is set up some sort of online memorial (for lack of a better description) as a companion for my article. Basically just a place where I can create a listing or something for each victim and anyone who wishes to can contribute photos, stories, bio details, whatever. One of the things I discovered in my research is that, so far as I can tell, there's never even been a complete list of all the victims, let alone anything more.

Having sorta developed a connection to many of these folks, I feel compelled to do something if I can, but I'm not really sure where to start with something like this. Probably a long shot, but does anyone have any experience or recommendations? Maybe a platform that could be used to set up something like this?

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Sure! We would be glad to help with that. Would be easy to spin up a Wordpress instance. I've wanted to do something like that for April 27, 2011 for a long time.

Logo 468x120
Back