• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

Newsletter Launch and Planned Downtime For Upgrade

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Special thank you to our sustaining members who contribute $5 a month. Their continued support is what have helped make these updates possible. Thank you @KoD, @Richardjacks and @JayF . If you are interested in becoming a sustaining member click here.

We are pleased to announce that we are launching our forum newsletter this week. This is something that the admin team has had on our minds for several months and we finally found the right technology to ensure that the content is relevant and easy to produce. The first edition should hit your inbox on Thursday, March 5, 2020 and will continue each week. Special editions will be sent out for special weather related events. Let us know what you think and we will work to incorporate your feedback into future issues. If you aren't interested in getting the newsletter, update your communication preferences in your profile.

The same technology that is allowing us to serve up our newsletter is also helping us make our search feature better as well. If you had used the search feature in the past you might have noticed it was a bit slow. The new search is much faster and is updated in almost real-time.

On Friday, March 6, 2020 we will be performing our routine monthly updates for the forum along with a database upgrade. Because of the database upgrade we will need to temporarily suspend forum operations for an hour. This operation will take place at 6:00pm central time and depending on the time needed to perform backups and upgrade options the dowtime should last around an hour or less. Updates will be posted to our blog at https://blog.talkweather.com/site-updates/planned-upgrade-06mar2020/ and our TalkWeather Facebook page.

Last edited:
  • Admin

WesL

Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Just a quick update. Last night's update was cancelled due to a configuration issue with the new database. I've rescheduled the upgrade for tonight (07MAR20) at 10:00pm. The forum will be down for up to an hour and updates will be posted on https://blog.talkweather.com

• Admin

WesL

Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
The upgrade is complete and everything is back to normal.

Reactions: KoD
Back