• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

National Championship

Lori

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
ROLL TIDE ROLL!
Let's get 17 baby!!

Lori

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer

Lori

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I can't handle this.....please Bama come back!!

Find an offense, wear down their defense!! UGH!!

Lori

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Congratulations Clemson, National Champions....but ouch my heart!!

Stormlover

Reaction score
looking ahead....bama clear favorites again
15966098_1941476622742283_235045535346705919_n.jpg

Kory

Reaction score
What a swing of emotions in the last 3 minutes of the game. My heart got ripped out in the last second of the game. Couldn't capitalize off 2 turnovers. Offense couldn't stay on the field (numerous 3 and outs). Defense got cut through like knife through hot butter in the red zones. And of course reffing was lousy as usual. How was that not pass interference on the offense in the end zone when one of the Clemson players dragged down our CB who was in place to make an interception? Only spot that shined was special teams.

Bama has a lot of work to do on the off season. Losing some tremendous starters on the defense. Hopefully Sark has some answers for the anemic offense. Most didn't think Bama was going to win the SEC with this offense, much less make it to the semi-final and eventually the National Championship. Love my team. Love my school. Wouldn't want to be any other place. Roll Tide.

Matt

Reaction score
Someone asked me several months ago would you rather have a national championship or a Republican president. Easy choice. Thank God Hillary is not president of The United States!

Kory

Reaction score
This one hurts. Bama has to use this as motivation for the future.
We've got a lot of talent returning and a heck of a recruiting class coming in. The future is bright. Much like the OSU loss in the 2015 Sugar bowl, Saban tweaked the offense and the defense leading to a championship run the next year. I have a feeling we're gonna see some adjustment in the future.

As for Clemson, Watson and Renfroe are a heck of a combo. With Watson very likely going to the draft next year, how does Clemson fair? There's some "dynasty" talk, but I mean, don't we have to see after several cycles of players whether to declare a dynasty?

maroonedinhsv

Reaction score
Only spot that shined was special teams.
Bama had one punt partially blocked and another that went ~30 yards and gave Clemson the ball at the Bama 42. Any chance at a last-ditch Hail Mary was thwarted by allowing the Clemson kicker to recover his own onside kick. I don't think the special teams stunk, but I wouldn't say they shined.

Evan

Reaction score
What a swing of emotions in the last 3 minutes of the game. My heart got ripped out in the last second of the game. Couldn't capitalize off 2 turnovers. Offense couldn't stay on the field (numerous 3 and outs). Defense got cut through like knife through hot butter in the red zones. And of course reffing was lousy as usual. How was that not pass interference on the offense in the end zone when one of the Clemson players dragged down our CB who was in place to make an interception? Only spot that shined was special teams.

Bama has a lot of work to do on the off season. Losing some tremendous starters on the defense. Hopefully Sark has some answers for the anemic offense. Most didn't think Bama was going to win the SEC with this offense, much less make it to the semi-final and eventually the National Championship. Love my team. Love my school. Wouldn't want to be any other place. Roll Tide.

On the 2nd TD it definitely wasn't offensive PI. Would have been Defensive PI. On the first pick play for a TD I agree. But, Bama had several no calls on two different jump balls and was very lucky to not have two different targeting penalties called. So it really was a wash. They were letting the guys play on both sides.

I actually didn't have a dog in the fight this time. If anything, I wanted Alabama to win for my recently deceased Grandfather. And a small part of me wanted Dabo to get a Championship because I appreciate his Christian witness and story.

But it was a great game!

Stormlover

Reaction score
12 straight third downs not converted...huge...would Bo have changed that? Probably, at least one or two of those, and that might have been all that was needed. I think too many times Bama would run and get 3, 4, 5 yards on first down and then go to two passes when nothing was working passing. Harris and Jacobs are capable of getting those yards and just didn't get a chance. Tough, tough loss. Only 3 points for the 3 turnovers they got too. That was key.

GregD

Reaction score
Man this stings, even 24 hours later. But Bama has nothing to be ashamed of, it was a good game.

We survived Mike DuBose. This is *nothing* compared to that :)

Lori

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Day two and it still HURTS (pun sorta intended?)

Kory

Reaction score
On the 2nd TD it definitely wasn't offensive PI. Would have been Defensive PI. On the first pick play for a TD I agree. But, Bama had several no calls on two different jump balls and was very lucky to not have two different targeting penalties called. So it really was a wash. They were letting the guys play on both sides.

I actually didn't have a dog in the fight this time. If anything, I wanted Alabama to win for my recently deceased Grandfather. And a small part of me wanted Dabo to get a Championship because I appreciate his Christian witness and story.

But it was a great game!
Yeah, by no means am I blaming the refs for the loss. It just didn't help our second half dismal performance. Bama got away with a couple clear offsides penalties.

But like Lori said. It still stings even 2 days after. I'm not sure how LSU fans handle losing so much......

Back