• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

NASA & Space X launching Americans to the Space Station May 27th!

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Finally!

NASA astronauts Robert Behnken and Douglas Hurley will fly on SpaceX’s Crew Dragon spacecraft, lifting off on a Falcon 9 rocket at 4:32 p.m. EDT May 27, from Launch Complex 39A in Florida, for an extended stay at the space station for the Demo-2 mission. The specific duration of the mission is to be determined.

As the final flight test for SpaceX, this mission will validate the company’s crew transportation system, including the launch pad, rocket, spacecraft, and operational capabilities. This also will be the first time NASA astronauts will test the spacecraft systems in orbit.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Praying the launch goes well... America about to regain the ability to launch humans to space!

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I think that the sea conditions are going to be a problem for today. They might have to scrub to Saturday. Thanks Bertha.

StormStalker

Staff member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Both astronauts are currently being buckled in to crew dragon!

WesL

Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Both astronauts are currently being buckled in to crew dragon!
Love that Bob and Doug were like... schedule.. what schedule.. we are getting in.

WesL

Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Might have a break in the weather around launch time. Still showing three weather constraints at this time. They have retracted the crew access arm and propellant load has started. Need a sun dance!

Forrest White

Reaction score
This is the first ever launch by a private company, and the first American manned mission in the past 9 years to have taken off from the United States and on an American ship, not on the Russian Soyuz.

Logo 468x120
Back