• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Mysterious electrical phenomena during tornadoes

Penitentes

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer

Here is another interesting case. At 0:12 a luminous white object or “flare” bounds in from the lower left. At 0:13 the object seems to massively increase its stride without changing form, which seems unnatural for an animal. During the flash of lightning, at 0:14, the object does not appear to materialise properly, resembling more a will-o’-the-wisp than a creature leaping across a barren field. At 0:16 the object actually appears to “levitate” above the ground for a moment, based on the laws of perspective. The following sequence of frames shows this:

Rolling-Fork-Whiteness-3.jpg

Rolling-Fork-Whiteness-2.jpg

Rolling-Fork-Whiteness.jpg

More “high strangeness,” indeed...

That looks exactly like a plastic bag blowing in the wind.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
Basically, yes, but on a relatively small, localised scale.
Einstein and Rosen found that, theoretically, every black hole is paired with a white hole. Because the two holes would exist in separate places in space, a tunnel — a wormhole — would bridge the two ends.

But the white hole wouldn't appear in the middle of the blackhole it would appear at the end of the hole.

Reaction score
Einstein and Rosen found that, theoretically, every black hole is paired with a white hole. Because the two holes would exist in separate places in space, a tunnel — a wormhole — would bridge the two ends.

But the white hole wouldn't appear in the middle of the blackhole it would appear at the end of the hole.
My argument is that the tornado helped contribute to the opening of a localised wormhole, with the whitish “orb” forming one end of the hole.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
So why would the wormhole move? wouldn't it be a static place in the sky?

Kragg

Reaction score
I think it’s obvious that there was a Stargate hidden in Rolling Fork and we’re watching it being lofted into the tornado while it’s being charged by the static electricity of the tornado.

Also, somebody needs to tell all the folks working at supersonic wind tunnels to be really careful to not accidentally make any black holes or portals to hell.

Last edited:

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS

Peter Griffin

Reaction score
With the way those lights were moving no way it's a car. It was beyond the capability of any known car/aircraft on Earth. My guess it was a UFO sent by the Galactic Confederacy for observing our planets weather. They may even be creating the weather with some super advanced system far superior to HAARP.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
With the way those lights were moving no way it's a car. It was beyond the capability of any known car/aircraft on Earth. My guess it was a UFO sent by the Galactic Confederacy for observing our planets weather. They may even be creating the weather with some super advanced system far superior to HAARP.
Ok first off I think their are legitimate reasons to discuss this. Do we know all the answers? No. Are their theories? Yes Are their unexplained Phenomenon? Yes. So lets have a legitimate discussion. HAARP has nothing to do with lights. I do not want to shut this discussion down.

ColdFront

Reaction score
Ok first off I think their are legitimate reasons to discuss this. Do we know all the answers? No. Are their theories? Yes Are their unexplained Phenomenon? Yes. So lets have a legitimate discussion. HAARP has nothing to do with lights. I do not want to shut this discussion down.
On a serious note (and unrelated) UAPs were concerning enough for the government to form a task force on, specifically their common sighting and proximity to sensitive sites.

Peter Griffin

Reaction score
Honestly a UFO is more believable to me than a tornado ripping some kind of hole in the space/time continuum. If the Tsar Bomba didn't cause a black hole I don't think a tornado is going to.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
Honestly a UFO is more believable to me than a tornado ripping some kind of hole in the space/time continuum.
It wasn't the UFO that I felt was condescending to the conversation. UFO could be anything Even a car picked up by a tornado could be UFO! The Galactic Federation though. Look I know a wormhole discussion seems contradictory to an even plausible idea. I want @Casuarina Head to come with scientific evidence of what they are talking about. if they have none or cannot provide any then we can stop discussing wormholes as a plausible idea. But the Galactic Federation is a made up group from a made up story line that wasn't even that good anyway.

Reaction score
So why would the wormhole move? wouldn't it be a static place in the sky?
My hypothesis is as follows: a dynamic interplay between factors allows wormholes to temporarily open and close at various points. For example, as a tornado’s circulation (=low-pressure centre) interacts with topographic features, a combination of a) natural electromagnetic and/or electrical charges, in part dependent on the tornado, the parent storm, and surrounding matter (e.g., soil, vegetation, types of exposed rock, and so on); b) localised fluctuations in pressure and/or gravity induced by the tornado, the storm, and topographic anomalies; and c) fluid dynamics that allows wormholes to spontaneously open and close at various times and places. Obviously, the changing intensity and size of the tornado and its parent storm would also play a role. If I recall correctly, string-theory allows that wormholes are numerous and not necessarily static. Again, I do not fully understand all this myself, but based on superficial knowledge I think something along these lines should be considered. If this is wrong, my other theory is that various atmospheric and geological phenomena, even seismic, can make invisible entities temporarily visible. For example, if one is religious and believes in the existence of beings in other dimensions, then maybe these beings briefly get “exposed” to the visible light-spectrum.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
My hypothesis is as follows: a dynamic interplay between factors allows wormholes to temporarily open and close at various points. For example, as a tornado’s circulation (=low-pressure centre) interacts with topographic features, a combination of a) natural electromagnetic and/or electrical charges, in part dependent on the tornado, the parent storm, and surrounding matter (e.g., soil, vegetation, types of exposed rock, and so on); b) localised fluctuations in pressure induced by the tornado, the storm, and topographic anomalies; and c) fluid dynamics allows wormholes to spontaneously open and close at various times and places. Obviously, the changing intensity and size of the tornado and its parent storm would also play a role. If I recall correctly, string-theory allows that wormholes are numerous and not necessarily static. Again, I do not fully understand all this myself, but based on superficial knowledge I think something along these lines should be considered. If this is wrong, my other theory is that various atmospheric and geological phenomena, even seismic, can make invisible entities temporarily visible. For example, if one is religious and believes in the existence of beings in other dimensions, then maybe these beings briefly get “exposed” to the visible light-spectrum.
@Casuarina Head You are at a point in the discussion where you need to provide evidence and references. You sound knowledgeable in the area and that is cool, but we need to read scientific papers, documentation and studies into this to verify its plausibility.

-Jay

Reaction score
@Casuarina Head You are at a point in the discussion where you need to provide evidence and references. You sound knowledgeable in the area and that is cool, but we need to read scientific papers, documentation and studies into this to verify its plausibility.

-Jay
The Electrical Theory of Tornadoes
Miniature Whirlwinds and High Voltage
Electrical Discharges and Intense Vortices
Miniature Vortices Produced by Electric Corona
Electric Currents Accompanying Tornado Activity
On the Geo-Electronic Aspects of Tornado Initiation

I think that these sources delve into the electromagnetic aspects that may contribute to the development of tornadoes or at least vortices.

locomusic01

Reaction score
I don't have a strong opinion on the topic one way or the other, but anecdotally it's worth mentioning Ronnie Grant here. I featured him in the intro to my 5/31/85 article, but the short version is that he was heading toward Niles Park Plaza just as the F5 struck there and he saw multiple vehicles become airborne. A couple of them were "thrown" in the way you'd probably expect, which is to say that they were quickly ejected at high velocity and "whirled around like a helicopter" (maybe not his exact words - I'd have to check my notes).

But there was at least one other car that sounded a bit more like what we see here. I don't remember his exact description off-hand, but essentially it was carried quite high into the air and partway around the circulation. I'm sure it must have been tumbling around to some extent, but from the way he described it he apparently had a pretty good view of it until it disappeared into (or more likely behind) the funnel.

A number of other people also very clearly saw cars being lifted into the air and tossed around Niles Park Plaza (although I've seen height estimates ranging from "maybe 100 feet" to "probably a few thousand," so I'm not sure how much stock I'd put into that particular aspect of it lol). In any event, the point is that cars definitely can and do take flight in violent tornadoes - and sometimes in unexpected ways - whether or not that's what happened here.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
All of these articles describe an electric phenomenon and describe how Tornadoes are full of electric power and also that the heat produced by lightning could assist in the creation and power of a tornado. I can see all of that. Nothing I read in these articles describes or even hints at anything relating to a wormhole.

Reaction score
All of these articles describe an electric phenomenon and describe how Tornadoes are full of electric power and also that the heat produced by lightning could assist in the creation and power of a tornado. I can see all of that. Nothing I read in these articles describes or even hints at anything relating to a wormhole.
The researchers chose a comparatively simple “semiclassical” approach. They combined elements of relativity theory with elements of quantum theory and classic electrodynamics theory. In their model, they consider certain elementary particles such as electrons and their electric charge as the matter that is to pass through the wormhole. ... In addition to matter, signals — for example electromagnetic waves — could also traverse the tiny tunnels in spacetime.
Source

Okay, I will concede that perhaps my thoughts on wormholes and tornadoes was not thought out well. I should have located more scientific support for them. My intention was to put forth the idea and then receive feedback. Based on the feedback and research tornadoes probably can’t contribute to the formation of wormholes. But theories concerning electricity and/or electromagnetism remain at play. (Caveat: people also tell me that I have a very vivid imagination and willingness to consider unconventional possibilities.)

Kragg

Reaction score
To try to add something constructive: I don’t see why it would be impossible for an object to become electrically charged within the vortex of a tornado.

Here’s a paper about airplanes becoming electrically charged during flight and it specifically mentions dust and particulates in the air create a greater buildup of electric energy.

So yeah, maybe the right material in a tornadic vortex could build up enough electric energy to glow.

Back