• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

In Memoriam Meteorologist Bobby Best

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
This evening we learned of the passing of Meteorologist Bobby Best. Bobby had been a member of the original TalkWeather site and become a member of the new site a few years ago. He most recently served as a meteorologist and on-air personality for several radio stations in the Tuscaloosa market and also was a ham radio operator (WX4ALA). On behalf of the members and staff of TalkWeather, we send our deepest condolences to his friends and family.

I went through, first hand the April 3-4, 1974 "Super Tornado Outbreak" and the April 27, 2011 "Super Tornado Outbreak"! Both of these events that plowed through my home county of; Walker County, Alabama had a tremendous impact on me, in more ways than I can even begin to explain!
~Bobby Best

Bobby3.jpg

June 08, 1971 - August 02, 2020

Bobby Joe Best Jr., 49, of Jasper, passed away Sunday, August 2, 2020, at his residence.
Graveside services will be held Wednesday, August 5, 2020, at 2 p.m. at Walker Memory Gardens. Patrick Morrison will officiate.
Mr. Best was preceded in death by his father, Bobby Best Sr.; and grandparents, Varion Taylor Calvert, Edward R. Sparks, Sr., Murray Best and Mary Etta Best.
He is survived by his mother, Mary Ellen Best; sister, Nancy Crowell (Case); nephew, Ethan Crowell; and niece, Abbie Grace Crowell.
He will be greatly missed.

Collins-Burke Funeral Home, Jasper; 205-384-5571

Bobby2.jpg BobbyBest.jpeg

Back