• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

July 9, 2019 - News Thread

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Former Presidential Candidate Ross Perot has passed away at age 89

Virgin Galactic planning on going public and public flights set for later this year
**Actually meeting Virgin Galactic's Beth Moses, Chief Astronaut Instructor this weekend as she is inducted into the Space Camp Hall of Fame. She flew on their last test flight and is officially a Commercial Astronaut. Hoping to achieve that title myself one day LOL.

200,000 people indicate on Facebook they would like to "storm Area 51" in Septemeber
https://sputniknews.com/us/201907091076190763-alien-hunters-storm-us-area-51/
**"They can't stop all of us" I'm sure like 3 people would actually show up

Reactions: KoD

KoD

Staff member
Sustaining Member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score

Federal prosecutors in Philadelphia have seized a container ship operated by the Mediterranean Shipping Co., weeks after authorities found more than $1 billion worth of cocaine on the vessel in what was one of the largest drug busts in American history.

US Customs and Border Protection seized the ship on July 4, a statementout Monday said. The ship is owned by client assets in a maritime strategy offered by JPMorgan Asset Management, according to a person familiar with the matter. It is operated by the Switzerland-based MSC.

On June 18, CBP agents found 39,525 pounds of cocaine stashed in several containers on the MSC Gayane at the Philadelphia seaport. The street value of the drugs was estimated at about $1.3 billion, making it the largest cocaine seizure by the agency.

• Admin

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer

Federal prosecutors in Philadelphia have seized a container ship operated by the Mediterranean Shipping Co., weeks after authorities found more than $1 billion worth of cocaine on the vessel in what was one of the largest drug busts in American history.

US Customs and Border Protection seized the ship on July 4, a statementout Monday said. The ship is owned by client assets in a maritime strategy offered by JPMorgan Asset Management, according to a person familiar with the matter. It is operated by the Switzerland-based MSC.

On June 18, CBP agents found 39,525 pounds of cocaine stashed in several containers on the MSC Gayane at the Philadelphia seaport. The street value of the drugs was estimated at about $1.3 billion, making it the largest cocaine seizure by the agency.
They had a pretty slick operation meeting contacts just offshore after leaving port in other countries. I wonder how long that been going on.

Back