• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

January Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

StormStalker

Staff member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Since the winter storm is currently moving through and will be wrapping up tomorrow we'll need a place to discuss the upcoming January weather. Next week looks warmer and rainy at times.

Michael

Reaction score
Made it to 26 today, barely. Back down to 19 now. Forecast is for 9. Lots of snow still covering the ground.

Anxious to see what the rest of the month has to offer

Richardjacks

Meteorologist
Reaction score
This is a very interesting pattern, I wouldn't be surprised if we see some wide shifts in the GFS coming days...let's hope we don't see to many of these wide, large troughs going into the spring.

Storm93

Reaction score
Mid Month doesn't look good for snow. Looks like we will have above normal temps. though mid-month. Maybe a change coming late month coming into Feb. When there is cold weather hanging around like we are having now, that's what happens..it warms and stays warm in till the next Arctic intrusion. The cold air will reload. I want to see that SER gone, if we don't, we will see icing events more than snow events. Around the 16th the PNA appears to be going on a trend for weak +PNA so some cold air does come down... so the SER is still there. This is during the same time that the GFS is showing some freezing rain for some across the south. Area's like down the OH river, TN Valley and down along the MS river. It will be worth keeping an eye on though because there is a strong HP to the NE causing some CAD. If that HP comes further south, the CAD could make it down to NE GA.

Last edited:

NWMSGuy

Reaction score
Glad to be back on Talk Weather! Any thoughts on the 18Z GFS? Reminded me of February 1994's Ice Storm for my location.

Brent

Reaction score
The para GFS is a crippling ice storm next weekend here in DFW after being in the mid 70s Friday

Seems legit lol

The op GFS has some ice but the worst is to the NE

The Euro has prolific rainfall which we need

oh and I forgot, the Cowboys play at home next Sunday which almost guarantees a hot mess

I said I was gonna take a break for a few days but now I'm interested, stupid models :p

Last edited:

Stormlover

Reaction score
From Snowbird Bob, a facebook guy with a following. Comments? o_O
15965936_704462823049191_506778552507797165_n.jpg

Tyler Penland

Mountain Snow Miser
Staff member
Reaction score
IT. IS. COLD.

Currently 5º with winds gusting to around 30-35+. Shaking the house. Face goes numb the instant you step outside. Probably the coldest I've ever personally experienced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Logo 468x120
Back