• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

I Started a Blog Page

akt1985

Reaction score
Recently, through a non-profit based in Huntsville, Alabama, I began writing blog posts for people in Alabama related to Asperger Syndrome. The link is http://www.launchaspergers.org/#rocket-city-notebook. I am trying to get more subscribers as I would like to one day make money off of blogging.

This is the very first attempt at me writing blog posts. What could I do to improve my posts and get more followers? Do any of you have experience with blogging?

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Looks like you are off to a great start. I have some experience but I'm retired :) Just takes time to build an audience and you've got some great subjects there. The key thing I've learned is to make sure you know who your audience is through an e-mail list and make sure you are asking them to advocate for your blog.

On a personal note, I've worked with Autistic kids in my old job and they are the best. You just have to find their thing and you will be amazed at what they can do. Glad to see you as an advocate and I'll pass along your info on my FB.

Wes

akt1985

Reaction score
Looks like you are off to a great start. I have some experience but I'm retired :) Just takes time to build an audience and you've got some great subjects there. The key thing I've learned is to make sure you know who your audience is through an e-mail list and make sure you are asking them to advocate for your blog.

On a personal note, I've worked with Autistic kids in my old job and they are the best. You just have to find their thing and you will be amazed at what they can do. Glad to see you as an advocate and I'll pass along your info on my FB.

Wes

Thank you. It looks like I can make a few bucks per blog on sites such as Hub Pages.

Back