• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Highlighted posts from Thursday, Apr. 15, 2021

TWBot

TalkWeather Bot
Don't Feed The Bots
Reaction score
Click here to view on the web
Highlighted posts
April 10, 2021 * 178 posts * 10,165 views
CheeselandSkies said: I feel like in a lot of severe events where a predominantly linear mode is expected, the forecast often mentions the possibility of stronger tornadoes from discrete supercells ... Read more >>
April 09, 2021 * 26 posts * 704 views
bjdeming said: Then again, it may not. They're not taking any chances, though -- its eruptions can be very explosive and this Caribbean island offers few safe places -- and they called an evacuation ... Read more >>
April 09, 2021 * 7 posts * 242 views
buckeye05 said: So this is pretty last minute, but a friend contacted me and asked if I'd like go out to the Plains with him this May, and I said yes. I've never done this, and have been kind ... Read more >>
April 09, 2021 * 10 posts * 303 views
MNTornadoGuy said: I find rogue waves to personally be one of the scariest phenomenon the ocean can unleash. Walls of water that appear out of nowhere and can sink large and small ships. There are ... Read more >>
April 08, 2021 * 18 posts * 273 views
cobber2076 said: By the time we've been warned one's headed our way, we've already put crucial documents, medicines, coats, shoes, and the like in our safe space. So I'm grabbing my go-bag with ... Read more >>
April 08, 2021 * 1 post * 212 views
TH2002 said: Since the new NWS Radar site is abysmal (and doesn't even load at all on my desktop), I've been using GetNEXRAD on my computers. The layout is confusing at first and takes some ... Read more >>
April 09, 2021 * 1 post * 61 views
TWBot said: Click here to view on the web Highlighted posts Severe Weather Threat April 7-10, 2021 April 07, 2021 * 29 posts * 1,177 views General Weather Discussion Do you feel lucky punk? ... Read more >>
April 10, 2021 * 24 posts * 1,002 views
MNTornadoGuy said: Now even though these definitely are not true tornadoes by any means, a very interesting type of volcanic vortex is pyroclastic surge vortices. These have been only studied once, ... Read more >>
April 14, 2021 * 242 posts * 7,581 views
StormStalker said: It's kinda funny actually. Senator Del Marsh had a comprehensive gaming bill that failed about a month or so ago. Around the same time, Senator McLendon filed a straight lottery ... Read more >>
April 10, 2021 * 402 posts * 45,312 views
CheeselandSkies said: Relatively quiet, based on posts on other forums. The MJO is not or will not be in a favorable state for CONUS severe weather. Not to say there can't still be systems, but they ... Read more >>

Back