• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

GrLevel3 issues

Mike

Reaction score
Is anyone else having issues this morning with GrLevel3 and the gulf coast radars? I can't get anything from Slidell to Tampa Bay to show up... BMX is working however.. Just curious. o_O

bwalk

Reaction score
My GRLevel3 has been in and out all day. Even now, at 8:45 pm (Monday, 5/28), it will not show radar data. This has occurred on 2 different computers from 2 different locations today.

GRLevel has not been itself lately.

Mike

Reaction score
I read on the GrLevelX owners forums that the issue is with the NWS and their Level3 data feed. It's a national issue that they are working on.

xJownage

Reaction score
GRLevelX I have found has always had a problem with data gaps, often with images coming late on days where traffic is high. During outbreaks, every once in a while I'll start getting images in about 10-15 minutes late, with it sometimes dropping out entirely and eventually catching back up. Granted, I use GR2Analyst instead, but I digress.

bwalk

Reaction score
I agree re high traffic days. When you need it the most it's the least dependable. During quiet, sunny weather it usually work just fine.

Reaction score
I never had any major issues with the free NWS data feed until this year. On May 2nd, the radars barely updated at all, maybe one scan every 15 minutes no matter which radar site I went to (and that didn't even turn out to be that big a day). On past big days like Dodge City day 2016, no problems (at least not major, maybe a few minute lag but still got all the scans). I didn't even have issues on April 27, 2011, until some of the actual radar sites started going out due to infrastructure damage.

bwalk

Reaction score
I have been using GRLevel for 7-8 years or so. I don't ever remember having ongoing problems until this Spring. Mike (in post #4 above) says it is an NWS feed problem. I heard that explanation from someone else this past Spring also. According to Mike, they are working on the problem which is good news.

Logo 468x120
Back