• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

Gilroy, CA Active Shooter Incident

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Last edited:

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Video from the scene shows people running for cover. "Who shoots at a garlic festival?" one person is heard shouting
Seriously, who shoots up a garlic festival? It elevates so many dishes. I want to know how someone can be deranged enough to reek havoc on a nice community gathering like this.

• Admin

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Apparently, they haven't apprehended the shooter. The NBC link above has a live feed.

Evan

Reaction score
One of the confirmed fatalities is a six year old child. Maddening. It makes me feel sick to my stomach. Sounds like Gilroy PD took the shooter out within a minute of the start of his attack. The police chief says they are unsure if there was a second shooter or a second person providing some kind of support to the shooter. The shooter was able to enter the festival with a rifle by going through a creek next to the festival fencing and then cutting the fencing with some kind of tool.

Kory

Reaction score
Would be quite rare to have multiple shooters in this kind of tragedy.

Can’t even enjoy a freakin day with your family without some wacko ruining it.

Back