• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

Getting to know our members!

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Hi, I'm Sean 'n I just joined the site. I live in Brownsville, Texas, but I lived most of my life in Omaha, Nebraska and I've had like 3/4 tornado events that I can remember, which included me seeing the supercell of what I believe was the 2017 Bellevue tornado(es) when I was coming home from school, and which included when I lived in Atlanta and that 2021 outbreak was happenin'. I'm 13, not sure if I'm allowed here if I'm 13 so ban me if you must, but for most of my life I've been OBSESSED with tornadoes, from an early age (like 5 or something) I wanted to be a stormchaser. I am a self proclaimed weather enthusiast and I often find enjoyment in bragging about knowing what a squall line or a rear flank downdraft is to my family lol. I usually roleplay as multiple people in GMod Tornado Survival things, and I draw tornadoes ALOT. I listen to Mitski (More specifically Retired from Sad, New Career in Business), and whatever 11 year old me was putting in my liked songs playlist in Spotify lol.
Anyways, I hope you atleast tolerated the essay long introduction from someone who is probably going to get banned because he's 13 and isn't really trusting of the part in the Terms of Use that states: "We welcome people of all ages." ^^
You're 13? I'm gonna tell your mom you made an account here...

Just kidding. Welcome to the forums. I can't speak for the moderators, but as far as I know TW truly welcomes people of all ages. So long as you're not one of those "F*** THE WEATHER SERVISE THAT TORNADOE WAS AN F5" screeching twitter weenies... lol

JPWX

Reaction score
You're 13? I'm gonna tell your mom you made an account here...

Just kidding. Welcome to the forums. I can't speak for the moderators, but as far as I know TW truly welcomes people of all ages. So long as you're not one of those "F*** THE WEATHER SERVISE THAT TORNADOE WAS AN F5" screeching twitter weenies... lol
So you're saying if I was one year old I could join..... LOL!

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Ask @WesL, he would know... would this be an adequate keyboard for someone that age to write posts on?
$_12.JPG

Reaction score
Likely not. Sites based in the US require users to be 13 or otherwise get parental permission for users to share their private information (ie, email address).

I happened to be 13 when COPPA went into effect, and I remember the chaos in online communities, and also being very thankful that I was 13.

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Likely not. Sites based in the US require users to be 13 or otherwise get parental permission for users to share their private information (ie, email address).

I happened to be 13 when COPPA went into effect, and I remember the chaos in online communities, and also being very thankful that I was 13.
Sorry for the delay. My wife is having us clean out our storage downstairs to move it all upstairs. I'm sure in the near future it will move again from upstairs to the downstairs when the heat wave of summer hits. Anyways...

So yes, everyone is asked to supply their birthday for this exact purpose during registration. If a one-year-old attempted to join, it would be impressive and we may need to notify certain individuals in the government and such. Now if you were a cat... there are no age restrictions.
Working Cat Music GIF

Live View of the TW Ops Center

That being said, welcome to TW, @PinkDudee! We're glad you're here, and we hope you have a good experience.

Back