• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Former Gov. Don Siegelman to be released from jail this Wednesday

Evan

Reaction score
No fan of his but this is long overdue.

And a sad waste of taxpayer dollars to require him to wear an ankle monitor as well as requiring home confinement and extreme supervised probation. Everyone here is familiar with my thoughts that Don was absolutely railroaded and the absurdity of his sentence. Took away some of the best years of the man's life over something that every single governor and politician has always been allowed to do (as his appeal demonstrated with numerous detailed examples). At any rate, I haven't spoken with Don in awhile, but hopefully I will see him soon. People are entitled to their own opinions, but he has been a great friend and mentor to me, and I've seen him serve others selflessly on numerous occasions. He cares deeply about the State of Alabama and its people. I'm thrilled that he is finally able to be back with his family.

What's actually criminal is that Alabama still doesn't have an Education Lottery.

Logo 468x120
Back