• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

First Week of February 2023 Winter Event - So, You Wanna Build a Snowman?

Reaction score
GooFuS for some reason has always been in love with extreme cold at the long ranges throughout the winter months...chances are it will be somewhat chilly during this timeframe, but nowhere near to this extent.

JPWX

Reaction score
I wouldn't write off something like that happening especially since there's growing consensus of another big arctic outbreak during February. Granted, the totals might be overdone but winter is far from over with including the Southeast. Until then, we'll have severe weather/heavy rain threats.

Sawmaster

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I can't see those totals in the mid-Carolinas happening; that's historic level stuff o_O Going to prepare for something anyway- just moved the camper I'm living in to the foothills where it tends to get 30%- 50% more snow than where I was.

Austin Dawg

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
I can't see those totals in the mid-Carolinas happening; that's historic level stuff o_O Going to prepare for something anyway- just moved the camper I'm living in to the foothills where it tends to get 30%- 50% more snow than where I was.
How much of that is ice? I really can't read that graph very well.

I think they actually dropped me on my head a couple of times when I was a baby and never told me.

Sawmaster

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
How much of that is ice? I really can't read that graph very well.

I think they actually dropped me on my head a couple of times when I was a baby and never told me.
LOL! I fell down a flight of stairs at 6 months old when my Mom slipped and fell. She says I was at the bottom laughing at her afterward :p It looks like the graph calls for between 25 and 32 inches of something in the mid-Carolinas and we've never had anything like that in my lifetime. The Upstate calls for 20 inches, again well beyond anything we've ever had.

Not saying it's impossible but I think the GFS has gone off to la-la land with this one:confused:

Back