• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Do you feel lucky punk?

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
1617814563945.png

Well do ya?

Our lucky TalkWeather members that comment below will get one chance to share in our possible winnings on this PowerBall ticket tonight currently expected to be around $43,000,000.

Today's question you must answer, the first thing you grab when you head for your storm-safe place? And why?

E49EB4E6-479E-4F64-91DE-394AB3BBCE5B.jpeg

Our normal rules apply, each TalkWeather member that replies with an answer will receive 1 chance to share in winnings over $1000 on the PowerBall ticket shown. If there is a prize, Social Data Group, LLC will establish the terms to divide the winnings minus a 10% service fee for accounting operations. All TalkWeather Members, Volunteers, and Staff are eligible. The actual amount won will be determined by the Arkansas Lottery. Your participation equals your understanding and acceptance of these terms. GOOD LUCK!!

Last edited:
  • Admin

WesL

Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Charging cable, Phone, and battery pack!

_melody_

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Shoes, because I'm usually not wearing any at home, but I don't want to walk over any broken stuff barefoot if we actually get hit.

Mike

Reaction score
Phone, so I can track it myself and be able to call for help if necessary! And so I can talk to Lori.. LOL!!

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
I'm like most everyone else.. my phone so I can watch the radar returns

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Besides my son, wife and the dogs (in that order) and the phone I'd already have on me and assuming I had time, I'd grab the extra hard drive I keep on my desk that is a regular back-up of my operational hard drive. Over two decades of documents, pictures, music etc. on that thing along with some encrypted digital assets.

Jacob

Reaction score
The Roebuck/Trussville tornado a couple weeks ago was the first time I recall actually having to go to my safe space in a few years, but I suppose I grabbed family first then a phone. I had a small bag already packed and in place beforehand.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
my phone so I can watch Radarscope and my wallet in case we get terribly unlucky.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
If I am headed to my safe place it’s almost upon us. I would more than likely grab my portable radio/flashlight to ensure I keep tabs on the storm if cellphone and internet go out.

cobber2076

Reaction score
By the time we've been warned one's headed our way, we've already put crucial documents, medicines, coats, shoes, and the like in our safe space. So I'm grabbing my go-bag with things like checkbooks, charger/cable bag, laptop, glasses, and my PC's backup data disk in its protective case, and my phone and radio for comms (including TW) and radar.

Last edited:

Lori

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Purse (contains wallet, phone, meds, flashlight, make up (what?) and keys).

WesL

Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Sadly we didn’t win. Sorry! Maybe next time.

Logo 468x120
Back