• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Daily Fantasy is BACK in Alabama! (a.k.a. the Fantasy Sports thread)

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
My two lineups with the Braves starting pitcher are in trouble since he got hit by a pitch in the third inning and is out of the game

StormStalker

Staff member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
At least all my guys are still racing at this point. This pit strategy stuff could make it interesting though.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
all in all, not a bad day. Spent $2 on Fanduel and won $6.75(4 MLB, 4 NASCAR at $0.25 per entry). $6 of that was in an MLB entry where I came in 10th place out of 4,790 entries. Of course, my other 3 entries didn't place. I placed 1 out of 4 NASCAR entries on Fanduel, finishing 83rd out of 1,197 entries.

I entered 10 contests on Draft Kings, 5 NASCAR(one $1.00 entry and 4 $0.25 entries) and 5 MLB(one $1.00 double up entry and 4 $0.25 entries). I won $2 on one of the NASCAR contests(114th place out of 28,537 spots), and $0.50 in one of the MLB contests. I spent $4 to win $3.50. FWIW, the winning NASCAR entry was Almirola/DiBenedetto/Harvick/JJ/E. Jones/Newman.

Though I did better on Fanduel today, I feel like I am liking Draft Kings better. Before DFS was ruled illegal, I preferred Fanduel to DK(and liked Fantasy Aces over DK as well).

StormStalker

Staff member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I broke even. I’ll take it. Kes really messed me up and went Menard over Newman. I think Fantasy Aces is now Fantasy Draft which went live the other day.

Edit: in my notes I wrote Kes was a decent place differential play but pit strategy could hurt him..be cautious...lol

Last edited:

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I broke even. I’ll take it. Kes really messed me up and went Menard over Newman. I think Fantasy Aces is now Fantasy Draft which went live the other day.

Edit: in my notes I wrote Kes was a decent place differential play but pit strategy could hurt him..be cautious...lol

I was invested in Brad K and Menard in other lineups. Also had some Logano, thinking he may lead a bunch of laps and possibly win. Oops.

StormStalker

Staff member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
They have tech tomorrow morning starting at 8 so be aware if you are making lineups tonight that starting positions could be affected. (Nascar DFS)

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
The guy who took 1st place in the DK NASCAR contest I entered had Matt Tifft, and DK is giving him a +9 place differential (started 38th, finished 29th). I wanted to use Tifft in a few lineups myself but he failed tech inspection and was relegated to 38th. Tifft initially qualified 22nd. I didn't think you were supposed to get place differential points based on starting spot if you're moved to the rear by rule.

Its not like I'm the 2nd place guy looking for a win, but Tifft was on my radar before I realized he failed tech and it certainly impacted the way I constructed some lineups.

StormStalker

Staff member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Sometimes they score them from original qualifying spot and others they score them from the rear. I’m not sure what the process for that is though. I had 40 lineups and only like 3 or 4 cashed lol. Minimum cashed at that. I had Bowyer and Suarez on FD in single entry and well that didn’t turn out to well. I ate the chalk at it bit me hard. On to Daytona!

Last year I was cashing a couple hundred a weekend. This year I can’t even get my entry fees back lol

StormStalker

Staff member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
DraftKings is running a .50 mini-max this weekend for Daytona with a 150 maximum entry. It gives you the thrills of being able to run up to 150 lineups with having to fork out a ton of money to do so. With it being Daytona anything is possible so the more entries in the contest the better. I've thrown 100 lineups in there and I'll play my usual $1 20 entry max. Need to turn things around this weekend!

I've also been looking the the site Draft. It looks like you can play a conventional fantasy season (draft at the beginning of the season) and play throughout. If you can set up leagues would anybody be interested in maybe doing one for NFL? A small buy in at $5 or so?

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I could see myself maxing out that Daytona contest and end up winning $17 after spending $75 to get in. That would be a good contest for a lineup builder, of which I am not subscribed.

I'll have to check out Draft.

Yahoo! is STILL not operating DFS in Alabama???

StormStalker

Staff member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I’d recommend subscribing to Stevie’s nascar package on RotoGrinders. You can can just do it weekly for $13 but you get his projections and access to lineup builder. You also get Xfinity data included as well. He has articles and rankings and does a live driver by driver breakdown show.

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
So apparently I got a free NASCAR entry and didn't know it until I logged in today. I don't normally play NASCAR so I'll gladly take any advice you guys have to offer.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
So apparently I got a free NASCAR entry and didn't know it until I logged in today. I don't normally play NASCAR so I'll gladly take any advice you guys have to offer.

DK or Fanduel?

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Just checking in on Daytona. The lineup will be set by owner points. Logano is on poll, with Kyle Busch beside him.

Stenhouse will be a popular pick and I'll probably have him in a couple of lineups. I'll come back here and cry in my milk after he crashes out while fighting for the lead(in a crash he starts of course). He starts an interesting run of mid-packers who run good on restrictor plate tracks - Stenhouse, Menard, A. Dillon, Buescher, T. Dillon(that car has always been strong on restrictor tracks, long before Ty took over).

Some value plays with place differential potential that I like - Matt Dibenedetto in 25th, David Ragan in 27th, Michael McDowell in 28th and Brendan Gaughan in 39th. Bubba Wallace might be worth a play as well from 29th.

On the opposite end, I'll find a way to get everyone in the top 10 in at least one lineup each - Logano, Kyle Busch, Keselowski, Harvick, Truex, Hamlin, Elliott, Kurt Busch, Alex Bowman and Ryan Blaney.

WesL

Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
DK or Fanduel?
Fanduel

Just checking in on Daytona. The lineup will be set by owner points. Logano is on poll, with Kyle Busch beside him.

Stenhouse will be a popular pick and I'll probably have him in a couple of lineups. I'll come back here and cry in my milk after he crashes out while fighting for the lead(in a crash he starts of course). He starts an interesting run of mid-packers who run good on restrictor plate tracks - Stenhouse, Menard, A. Dillon, Buescher, T. Dillon(that car has always been strong on restrictor tracks, long before Ty took over).

Some value plays with place differential potential that I like - Matt Dibenedetto in 25th, David Ragan in 27th, Michael McDowell in 28th and Brendan Gaughan in 39th. Bubba Wallace might be worth a play as well from 29th.

On the opposite end, I'll find a way to get everyone in the top 10 in at least one lineup each - Logano, Kyle Busch, Keselowski, Harvick, Truex, Hamlin, Elliott, Kurt Busch, Alex Bowman and Ryan Blaney.

Good deal!! Thanks for the intel!

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Fanduel

Good deal!! Thanks for the intel!

I haven't looked at any practice times yet, which is important.

I might fade the Toyotas. Ford and Chevy are adamant as manufacturers that their teams work together, which is incredibly important at Daytona and Talladega. Chevy executives were fuming over Hendrick's agreement to work with JGR's Toyotas, and Toyota won the Daytona 500. I'll have Kyle Busch, Erik Jones and Denny Hamlin, but in no more than 1-2 lineups each. The problem is Toyota only has 5 cars(out of a field of 38), the 4 for JGR and Dibenedetto. Matt D still has his value due to starting position and restrictor plate ability, but the 4 JGR cars will be starting closer to the front.

Of course, all it takes is one 20 car pileup with the JGR cars surviving to help even things out a bit.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Ryan Newman to the back after failing tech inspection twice.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I have 15 FD and 10 DK lineups tonight.

I must say, Fanduel isn't nearly as challenging as DK when it comes to NASCAR.

WesL

Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I have 15 FD and 10 DK lineups tonight.

I must say, Fanduel isn't nearly as challenging as DK when it comes to NASCAR.
Good luck!!

StormStalker

Staff member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Faded all the top 10 in the $1 20 entry max. In the mini max I ran 100 lines. No more than 1 from the top 15. Went heavy on the guys in the back. The race is postponed until tomorrow so hopefully they get the whole thing in. I don’t play Nascar on FanDuel but the strategy is a little different over there. Hope y’all win some money!

Logo 468x120
Back