• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

College Football 2017 Season

Kory

Reaction score
There’s a lot wrong here. First, place of occurrence. Why is Sigma Pi listed when this happened over a mile away at Hotel Capstone? Why did the officer not arrest him on the spot, but 11 days later the police department deem it worthy? This could’ve been resolved the night of. Give the guy his stuff back, give Marlon a citation, and quit the kangaroo court that Tuscaloosa County justice system is.

rolltide_130

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
Dan Enos will be joining the staff as a QB coach.

What an embarrassment of riches we have in terms of new assistant coaches this year, especially on offense. I do wonder how playcalling duties and personnel decisions will be handled however with all these assistants.. I was lukewarm at the idea of Dan Enos to begin with, but I've warmed up some after seeing how he developed the Allen brothers at Arkansas, with a pass from this season due to how decimated by injuries that offense was. He'll be a good mentor for either Tua or Jalen, depending on who gets the job. Hurts seems like he's dedicated to the team no matter what position he gets put in, so I'm not willing to write him off just yet..

Kory

Reaction score
Dan Enos will be joining the staff as a QB coach.

What an embarrassment of riches we have in terms of new assistant coaches this year, especially on offense. I do wonder how playcalling duties and personnel decisions will be handled however with all these assistants.. I was lukewarm at the idea of Dan Enos to begin with, but I've warmed up some after seeing how he developed the Allen brothers at Arkansas, with a pass from this season due to how decimated by injuries that offense was. He'll be a good mentor for either Tua or Jalen, depending on who gets the job. Hurts seems like he's dedicated to the team no matter what position he gets put in, so I'm not willing to write him off just yet..
The young staff we have now (they're in their 30s and 40s) is going to keep things rolling for a while. Saban isn't done yet by any means...and this staff should show that. He wanted new, fresh ideas brought into the program and that's just he is doing. Saban doesn't like to get beat....and he did get beat on the recruiting trail (which is amazing because we're still gonna end with a top 5 class). That seems to have set a fire under him and these changes are "revitalizing" the program per se.

rolltide_130

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
Oh goodness there are some explosive allegations coming out of Michigan State's football program... potentially career ending for Dantoino. Sounds like the absolutely disgusting culture there extends far past the Nassar scandal..

rolltide_130

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
This is getting ugly.

The integrity of college athletics as a whole is something that I can't help but begin to question. That's THREE horrific sexual abuse cover-ups in the last 6 years, and this one went literally as high up the ladder as possible, but people STILL turned a blind eye to it.

Of course everyone's known the NCAA is corrupt as can be, but who knew it was so bad they were turning a blind eye to the sexual abuse of almost 200 women by a doctor they were told to trust?

Honestly.. if it were up to me the P5 programs would break off of the NCAA and create their own governing league.

Also, Michigan State athletics as a whole needs to be shut down immediately and indefinitely, and every woman who was victimized by him needs to be compensated by the athletic department for allowing this to happen and turning a blind eye to the abuse that was occurring. Of course the corrupt as hell NCAA wouldn't do this, but it's what I'd be doing in a heartbeat if I ran that organization.

rolltide_130

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
Alabama landed a grad transfer kicker...who kicked 80%+. Can we finally break the curse of inconsistency?

I think that had to do more with Bobby Williams and less with the kickers themselves. It took long enough, but Saban finally showed him the door and he got a HUGE upgrade with Jeff Banks who had some of the best units in the country at Texas A&M.

And Pappanastos had the leg strength of Jeremy Shelly combined with the accuracy of Cade Foster. I almost was physically ill after he shanked the potential game winner against Georgia.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
National Signing Day is just over a week away. I think it's time to start the 2018 TW College Football Thread

Back