• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Banned From Starting Threads

Kragg

Reaction score
New member here who just started posting some last spring. I have a forum culture question. I’ve seen people mention being banned from starting new threads about upcoming severe weather. Does this happen when an event ends up being “productive”?

I want to add. I’ve really enjoyed the insight and sharing of info with fellow weather geeks here. The signal to noise ratio leading up to and during ongoing events is much appreciated and has helped me up my knowledge base. Thanks ya’ll

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
New member here who just started posting some last spring. I have a forum culture question. I’ve seen people mention being banned from starting new threads about upcoming severe weather. Does this happen when an event ends up being “productive”?

I want to add. I’ve really enjoyed the insight and sharing of info with fellow weather geeks here. The signal to noise ratio leading up to and during ongoing events is much appreciated and has helped me up my knowledge base. Thanks ya’ll
Kragg,
First welcome to TalkWeather. There is no real ban it is more of our superstitious behavior of members who started severe threats and resulted in historic events. It is a bit of a badge of honor really of having started a historic thread. Sadly that also results in a lot of sadness as well considering why it was a historic thread.

For example, @MichelleH has the honor(?) of having started the April 27th 2011 severe thread 7 days before the event occured.

Wes

Kragg

Reaction score
Thanks, that makes sense to me.

It’s what I assumed was the case, but we all know how assumptions can be.

Logo 468x120
Back