• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

August 13, 2021 - What are you up to?

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Hey everyone,

Has been a busy few weeks for me and I wanted to try to see how everyone has been doing. I'm pleased say that I am getting married next month so we are working on finding a small venue for our family ceremony and coordinating travel back to Alabama and such. I'm really looking forward to this weekend so I can catch up on a lot of stuff as we are also in a home buying process as well.

Does anyone have any fun plans for the weekend?

Oh and happy Friday the 13th -

1628868581859.png

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Congratulations on your upcoming marriage! Best wishes for many many years of joy and wonderful adventures with each other!

Today I am still trying to get back to full strength after being sick a little over a week ago. Think I'm about 90% now so almost there. Being an old retired guy... I'm not punching a clock anymore so I'm planning on doing some major cleaning out of the garage over the weekend.

• Admin

WesL

Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Congratulations on your upcoming marriage! Best wishes for many many years of joy and wonderful adventures with each other!

Today I am still trying to get back to full strength after being sick a little over a week ago. Think I'm about 90% now so almost there. Being an old retired guy... I'm not punching a clock anymore so I'm planning on doing some major cleaning out of the garage over the weekend.
Man hate to hear you were sick! Glad you are getting back to full strength. Tell me about it with cleaning! I've got to start packing stuff up at some point and I am dreading the deep cleaning that will follow.

Thanks for the well wishes, hoping she will come join us on TW as well.

• Admin

WesL

Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer

Jacob

Reaction score
Congrats on the wedding! Best luck to you and your bride in the future.

I'm hoping to be well enough to play golf on Sunday, but I'm day to day on that. I haven't been sick with COVID like so many others have lately, but I did come down with a nice case of Hand Foot and Mouth. Both of my kids had it last week, and then it hit me this week. Fever of 101-102 for about 30 hours which was mostly Monday, and since then it has just been the terrible ulcers/sores in my throat. I'm about milkshaked out at this point.

Otherwise I'm planning to spend the weekend with the family, but there's no exciting plans there yet due to me being sick. I also suppose I have a ton of yard work to get done, but if I'm well enough to get outside, it'll be for golf on Sunday, not yard work, ha.

• Admin

WesL

Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Congrats on the wedding! Best luck to you and your bride in the future.

I'm hoping to be well enough to play golf on Sunday, but I'm day to day on that. I haven't been sick with COVID like so many others have lately, but I did come down with a nice case of Hand Foot and Mouth. Both of my kids had it last week, and then it hit me this week. Fever of 101-102 for about 30 hours which was mostly Monday, and since then it has just been the terrible ulcers/sores in my throat. I'm about milkshaked out at this point.

Otherwise I'm planning to spend the weekend with the family, but there's no exciting plans there yet due to me being sick. I also suppose I have a ton of yard work to get done, but if I'm well enough to get outside, it'll be for golf on Sunday, not yard work, ha.
Dude! I remember when my brother had that. He was so miserable for a week and there wasn't much you could do. Glad you are getting over that and hope you get to head out to course on Sunday.

Lori

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Thursday went to Brasstown Bald (in NW GA) to celebrate a birthday and watch the Perseid Meteor showers. Saw some gorgeous meteors flying across the sky and along the Milky Way. Also was treated to tons of sparks from a long lasting t-storm near Atlanta!!
Friday drove backroads from Blue Ridge. Saturday chilled and watched Manifest. Today we’re hoping to catch a tropical sunset… they are so colorful and vivid ahead of a tropical system!!!

Wes, I’m so excited about your engagement!! You deserve years and years of happiness!!

Back