Atmosphere Modelling (1 Viewer)

gregassagraf

Reaction score
Hi, everyone.

I'm currently attending a course in Complex Systems modelling and, as a final evaluation of the discipline, I will have to present a simulation of a system that exhibits such behaviors. As such, I find very interesting the idea of modeling gravity waves, but I still have no defined pre-requisites for my final presentation besides my interest in climate and the atmosphere.

So with this thread, I would like to discuss recommendations for interesting atmospheric phenomena that are worth researching for a final presentation for the discipline.

KoD

Staff member
Sustaining Member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Gravity waves are a good option. Are you looking for something that's more thoroughly researched or something with a lot of ambiguity and less understood?

gregassagraf

Reaction score
Gravity waves are a good option. Are you looking for something that's more thoroughly researched or something with a lot of ambiguity and less understood?
As I'm only a graduate student, I prefer something that is more researched haha. Unfortunately, this semester I do not have the time for something that will require a lot of care for a proper description and/or execution.

I am thinking of using the CLiMT framework for climate modeling. Do you think it is enough for simulating these types of phenomena, or is there a better platform?

Users who are viewing this thread